1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Navy Overcoat With Dark Blue Jeans/Chinos

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by styleq, May 10, 2016.

1. styleq

styleq New Member

Greetings Gentlemen,

Does a dark navy overcoat (3/4) work with dark blue jeans/chinos? I typically wear this color pants and so I'll consider going with black if the combo is inadvisable. I want an overcoat that can work with virtually every pant color so I don't have to buy another thick jacket. I also like to wear brown shoes with blue chinos and typically grey boots or tennis shoes with jeans.

I have light skin, black/dark brown hair and beard

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  2. styleq

styleq New Member

[ATTACHMENT=13033]image.jpeg (58k. jpeg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=13034][ATTACHMENT=13035]image.jpeg (73k. jpeg file)[/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT]

See these images

3. aristoi bcn

aristoi bcn Senior member

I would say that a medium-grey overcoat would be more appropriate when wearing navy trousers/jeans (more contrast).

I tend to wear my navy peacoat with navy chinos and dark jeans too just because I like navy colour above any other, but I know that I am breaking the rules.

4. styleq

styleq New Member

I haven't seen very many medium grey overcoats. Since I wear brown shoes, I guess that would be the only other color that doesn't break any 'rules.' Is this really a hard and fast rule? I've seen navy blazers work well with jeans

Last edited: May 11, 2016