• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Navy Linen Coat w/White MOP Buttons: Versatile?

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As some of you may know I have a Carribean wedding coming up in the summer. I initially was going to just do a light tan suit (cotton or linen) but it turns out that's what the groom is wearing. His advice was to mix it up (i.e. odd coat & trousers) so I was thinking of getting this coat and pairing it with white pants.

DSC00223.jpg

Would this be a one-time deal tho? I mean, can this fit be versatile?

Thanks

steveoly

Reaction score
It's the perfect navy jacket for the summer. I would have bought it if it weren't a 44L.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very versatile. I think you'll get a lot of use out of it.

mrmax

Reaction score
Versatile = yes. Lapel roll = hell no.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by steveoly
It's the perfect navy jacket for the summer. I would have bought it if it weren't a 44L.

How did I miss that
ffffuuuu.gif

Montauk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
I only button the middle button so it's possible that it will roll to 2.

It will. Polo lapels roll very nicely. Beautiful jacket. My only issue would be the full lining, which will make it wear warmer than it has too.

Montauk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
Lining can be removed, no?

It's not THAT big a deal. Just prevents the jacket from being my ideal summer blazer. It'll be fine.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, I bought the Preston pants. Since I have experience with them I know they will be slimmer than the RLPL ones with the leg opening listed at 19.5
eek.gif
The explanation to teh wife was that I could wear it to dinner with alternate pants while there (and possibly here).

Matt S

Reaction score
That looks great! When you button it at the middle button the lapel should roll very nicely. It already rolls a little over the top button.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks! I pulled the trigger on both as well as a white Polo Regent shirt (I don't currently own a solid white shirt). Now on to the shoes!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads