Navy Hopsack Suit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NewYorkIslander, Nov 20, 2009.

1. George

George Senior member

I have no use for any other measure of success, other than personal success. I have no use for classes

I am never impressed by what someones ancestors have accomplished. That is like the white supremicist, born in a trailer park, who is proud just to be born white.

This kind of thinking is like admitting that your life peaked at birth.

What a load of sanctimonious shit...

2. George

George Senior member

Thank you for demonstrating how much time I wasted.

You will have to be more specific.

[​IMG][​IMG]

- B

You need to explain these...

3. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

Who can cut fabric better? Miri or Steed?

Our new kitten, Miri, eschews posses.

[​IMG]

- B

4. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

You need to explain these...

[​IMG]

Are you unfamiliar with Invertère? They started up in 1904 out in Devon I think making outerwear for driving automobiles. They went under a few years ago. In between those two points, they were prolific, inventive, and fanatical about making all sorts of great outerwear. In my opinion, Grenfell and they made the best raincoats that weren't rubberized like Macks. They had several iconic models of other coats: the Buffer coat, the Squire, the Bear Cat, etc. Their stuff is made in a no-nonsense but relentlessly quality minded old English fashion.

And, as you can see by the two shaggy models above, they were also a bit crazy.

Who can cut fabric better? Miri or Steed?

Miri uses Rock of Eye as well, although she only does the shred and rake cuts.

- B

5. EasyGoing

EasyGoing Senior member

You're living in a fools paradise my friend. What you dont know is there is a secret society of us and after fellows like you depart, we laugh about your suits. As a matter of fact, hopsack-wearer is synonymous with bumpkin.

I guess the first rule about Fight Club is to post it on teh intarwebs.

6. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

What a load of sanctimonious shit...

I admire his self-control if he managed to write that with a straight face.

I have no use for any other measure of success, other than personal success.

I have no use for success unless it is accidental and undeserved. No form of success is sweeter.

- B

7. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

One day I hope to win the Mega Millions Lotto Jackpot and catapult myself into high society.

8. ysc

ysc Senior member

I have no use for success unless it is accidental and undeserved. No form of success is sweeter.

If you have to try, if it takes effort, why bother?

9. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

I guess the first rule about Fight Club is to post it on teh intarwebs.
    I am a traitor to my own kind, it is true. But we are fast disappearing in the face of the superior, new breed of well bred men who have the best tastes from the traditions of the past but they aren't based on class, mind you. Oh no, they're reinvented and about a new meritocracy and it's all coming to a town near you. Men who wear fresco,18 oz navy solid flannels and balmoral boots, double monks, double breasted high contrast windowpanes, Limited edition cloths, low contrast spectators, seven fold ties, 300 2x2 cloth shirts, cordovan whole cuts, ticket pockets, closed seams etc... It's like a shirt shoulder diveted, James Bond cuff sporting, button boot wearing brotherhood of man. And it is bee-you-tee-full.

10. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

Are you unfamiliar with Invertère? They started up in 1904 out in Devon I think making outerwear for driving automobiles. They went under a few years ago. In between those two points, they were prolific, inventive, and fanatical about making all sorts of great outerwear. In my opinion, Grenfell and they made the best raincoats that weren't rubberized like Macks. They had several iconic models of other coats: the Buffer coat, the Squire, the Bear Cat, etc. Their stuff is made in a no-nonsense but relentlessly quality minded old English fashion.

There's some Invertere on Yoox right now. What do you think is the deal with that?

In 2006, a fellow posted on Andy's saying that he was with Invertere and they were re-entering the U.S. market. Someone also has a "coming soon" website at www.inverterecoatwrights.com.

Someone should call O'Connell's, a stockist, and see if they know what's up.

11. George

George Senior member

[​IMG]

Miri uses Rock of Eye as well, although she only does the shred and rake cuts.

- B

Never heard of them until now, just done a little look on the internet and they seem to have a website under construction.

They're certainly bold, not keen on the duffle version but I like the cut of the second but not the cloth. Does it have a belt?

12. George

George Senior member

I have no use for success unless it is accidental and undeserved. No form of success is sweeter. - B
    Now that's upper class...[​IMG]

13. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

I am a traitor to my own kind, it is true.

But we are fast disappearing in the face of the superior, new breed of well bred men who have the best tastes from the traditions of the past but they aren't based on class, mind you. Oh no, they're reinvented and about a new meritocracy and it's all coming to a town near you.

Men who wear fresco,18 oz navy solid flannels and balmoral boots, double monks, double breasted high contrast windowpanes, Limited edition cloths, low contrast spectators, seven fold ties, 300 2x2 cloth shirts, cordovan whole cuts, ticket pockets, closed seams etc...

It's like a shirt shoulder diveted, James Bond cuff sporting, button boot wearing brotherhood of man. And it is bee-you-tee-full.

Still bitter about the lack of love for the patchwork jacket and turnback cuff suit huh?

14. George

George Senior member

Still bitter about the lack of love for the patchwork jacket and turnback cuff suit huh?

What patchwork jacket...?

15. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

One day I hope to win the Mega Millions Lotto Jackpot and catapult myself into high society.

I suggest swathing yourself in hopsack after your win.

If you have to try, if it takes effort, why bother?

Exactly. I can barely lift a toothbrush to my teeth, and that's on a good day.

Now that's upper class...[​IMG]

You would have to add alcoholism, but yes, essentially.

- B