• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Navy blue vest, with slightly lighter dark blue shirt, seen in Tron Legacy movie

Farmgate

Reaction score
I don't have a movie still from Tron Legacy, but in the Encom corporate board meeting, near the beginning of the film, one of the board members wears a navy blue vest with a slightly lighter, high-quality dark blue shirt. I thought the overall effect was trendy, cool, very avant, but then again, this was hollywood, and Disney.

I know that the dark suit/dark shirt combination is frowned upon here at SF, but was wondering if a) anyone has seen the movie, and b) even if you have not, whether this color combination, of a dark navy vest and dark blue shirt is acceptable in a corporate setting? Sorry for the lack of pics, and thank you for your thoughtful consideration and comments.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You said it right, that's Hollywood/Disney!

And yes! A dark suit with a dark shirt is, in general, a very bad idea!

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 24 15.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 44 27.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 34 21.5%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 13 8.2%