• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Navy blue suede shoes?

RichardHarrow

Reaction score
So I'm on the fence about getting these, but I know when it comes to suede people play it more safe with colors. But are these really that bad? I was thinking of just rocking these guys with some nice light color chinos in casual settings. Also I am growing out a great pompadour as well (not kidding too haha, I love the hairstyle). I'm a huge fan of 50's rockabilly tunes ! I'm a young guy still in college and I'm pretty confident in whatever the hell I choose to wear for the day. :)

Here they are, they're some Blue Suede Oxfords (Plain Toe Bluchers) that were made by Allen Edmonds.

So yay or nay? I have some dark brown Peal and Co Brooks Brothers loafers I plan on rotating with throughout the summer. So give me some brutal honesty! Too much or can I make them work?

sask boot

Reaction score
With a pair of khakis these will look great for the summer. I have some blue suede chukkas that get compliments often. With grey demin these could work.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am writing this wearing blue suede loafers.

It is hard to recommend blue suede as your second summer shoe. Blue suede is my 4th pair of loafers.

bertie

Reaction score
I've got a pair of blue suede shoes from Alden. Wear them once a week or so through the summer months with cream and khaki pants.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know where people get the idea that blue is a really "out there" colour for shoes in the first place. I have blue suede chukkas, blue shell wholecuts, blue calf auesterity brogues and blue calf / suede bal boots. All get a lot of wear and are easily incorporated into my warddrobe.
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

RichardHarrow

Reaction score

I don't know where people get the idea that blue is a really "out there" colour for shoes in the first place. I have blue suede chukkas, blue shell wholecuts, blue calf auesterity brogues and blue calf / suede bal boots. All get a lot of wear and are easily incorporated into my warddrobe.
orig.jpg
orig.jpg
Oh nice! Loving the combos. I can't wait to mess around with mine now and have some fun with them. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads