• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Navy blue suede shoes?

RichardHarrow

Reaction score
So I'm on the fence about getting these, but I know when it comes to suede people play it more safe with colors. But are these really that bad? I was thinking of just rocking these guys with some nice light color chinos in casual settings. Also I am growing out a great pompadour as well (not kidding too haha, I love the hairstyle). I'm a huge fan of 50's rockabilly tunes ! I'm a young guy still in college and I'm pretty confident in whatever the hell I choose to wear for the day. :)

Here they are, they're some Blue Suede Oxfords (Plain Toe Bluchers) that were made by Allen Edmonds.

So yay or nay? I have some dark brown Peal and Co Brooks Brothers loafers I plan on rotating with throughout the summer. So give me some brutal honesty! Too much or can I make them work?

sask boot

Reaction score
With a pair of khakis these will look great for the summer. I have some blue suede chukkas that get compliments often. With grey demin these could work.

circumspice

Reaction score
I am writing this wearing blue suede loafers.

It is hard to recommend blue suede as your second summer shoe. Blue suede is my 4th pair of loafers.

bertie

Reaction score
I've got a pair of blue suede shoes from Alden. Wear them once a week or so through the summer months with cream and khaki pants.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know where people get the idea that blue is a really "out there" colour for shoes in the first place. I have blue suede chukkas, blue shell wholecuts, blue calf auesterity brogues and blue calf / suede bal boots. All get a lot of wear and are easily incorporated into my warddrobe.

RichardHarrow

Reaction score

I don't know where people get the idea that blue is a really "out there" colour for shoes in the first place. I have blue suede chukkas, blue shell wholecuts, blue calf auesterity brogues and blue calf / suede bal boots. All get a lot of wear and are easily incorporated into my warddrobe.
Oh nice! Loving the combos. I can't wait to mess around with mine now and have some fun with them. :)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 117 33.6%
  • 8”

Votes: 104 29.9%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 15 4.3%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%