Navy blue flannel

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by FCS, Nov 13, 2004.

1. FCS

FCS Senior member

We know that grey flannel is a classic staple, but what do people here think about navy blue? I'm thinking to get my first bespoke suit in the near future.

2. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

It can be gorgeous cloth.  Go with H. Lesser, and you will have a stunning suit.  Solid, striped, or windowpane, you can't go wrong.  "Postman's" blue or slate blue or blue gray also make great colors for flannel, if you want something a little lighter, or a little different.

3. Horace

Horace Senior member

Navy blue flannel from Hield is something I've used. Excellent stuff.

4. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

Navy blue flannel would make a great suit. I think you're a bit worried because your thinking of a heavyweight flannel. Go with something a bit lighter like doeskin flannel and you'll be fine.

5. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

BUMP!

Can someone recommend me a navy blue woolen flannel for a blazer I want to get made up?

I'm thinking single-breasted, 2 patch, welted breast, 2-button, double vented.

Thanks.

6. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

BUMP!

Can someone recommend me a navy blue woolen flannel for a blazer I want to get made up?

Thanks.

Minnis and get three patch, 2 patch+welted chest is way overrated on this forum. Just make sure your guy knows how to make patch pockets.

7. Grayland

Grayland Senior member

8. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

We know that grey flannel is a classic staple, but what do people here think about navy blue? I'm thinking to get my first bespoke suit in the near future.
    If it has a stripe or in some rare cases a windowpane, then you are good to go. Otherwise, a solid navy flannel or, worse, a blue-grey flannel look too much like a blue collar uniform.

9. AndrewRogers

AndrewRogers Senior member

If it has a stripe or in some rare cases a windowpane, then you are good to go. Otherwise, a solid navy flannel or, worse, a blue-grey flannel look too much like a blue collar uniform.

Yes, for example, the chap on the left looks as if he's just knocked off from a hard day's work at the factory, whereas the one on the right looks your typical fat cat.

[​IMG]

10. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

Yes, for example, the chap on the left looks as if he's just knocked off from a hard day's work at the factory, whereas the one on the right looks your typical fat cat. [​IMG]
    Yes, I think you have something there. I dont particularly like that light grey suit either. Nor do I like matching one's tie to one's suit. Incidentally, that's really good work posting all those photos of fabric.

11. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Minnis and get three patch, 2 patch+welted chest is way overrated on this forum. Just make sure your guy knows how to make patch pockets.

You speak, I listen.

I presume you're speaking about the Minnis 0306?

12. Manton

There are good blazer flannels in Minnis, Harrison, Lesser and Smith. I got mine from Harrison, they had a lighter navy color that I liked a lot.

13. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Really? I think 3 patch is overrated.

14. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

BUMP!

Thanks.

I'd get a wool over a flannel, P&H has some great fabrics that may be of interest.

15. Manton

I'd get a wool over a flannel, P&H has some great fabrics that may be of interest.

Flannel is wool. [​IMG]