• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Navy Blazer and Linen Off-white blazer for summer

compuccesory

Reaction score
Spier and Mackay?: https://www.spierandmackay.com/cream-linen.html

I wonder if I shouldn't just get a Navy Blazer linen incase I need it for a future job. I will be getting a navy blazer for non-summer months already. found this also, although I believe their more expensive lines would go on sale at some point: https://www.brooksbrothers.com/Regent-Fit-BrooksCool®-Blazer/MD00078,default,pd.html?dwvar_MD00078_Color=NAVY&contentpos=14&cgid=0218&cmp=AFC_US_CJ_Dappered_www.brooksbrothers.com_4025845&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=cj&utm_campaign=4025845&cvosrc=affiliate.cj.&cjeventid=9a184d74a4f511e9834100ab0a24060c
Just gonna point out that while I agree Indochino isn't super high quality for the price, the Indochino blazer is almost certainly 10 times better than the fused Brooks Brothers blazer you are linking here, even not considering the MTM aspect. An $80 Loro Piana Jacket from JCrew would be a far superior garment.

bmoredcstyle

Reaction score
Just gonna point out that while I agree Indochino isn't super high quality for the price, the Indochino blazer is almost certainly 10 times better than the fused Brooks Brothers blazer you are linking here, even not considering the MTM aspect. An $80 Loro Piana Jacket from JCrew would be a far superior garment.
The J. Crew is,slim fit. I'm 5'9" and about 225 lbs. Wear a 48R. I suppose,it wouldn't be a good fit because of the slim fit. Nevermind found this: https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_category/sportcoatsandvests/wool/ludlow-classicfit-legacy-blazer-in-american-wool/F3898?color_name=navy. Is it Loro Piana as well? Nevermind, it's American wool. Still worth,it? Ah. Apparently Lori Piana purchased the mill responsible for this blazer in 1988.The jacket in the previous postslink is a suit jacket which I suppose I should not be looking for.

Last edited:

bmoredcstyle

Reaction score
The above post is a comparison of a J.Crew Navy Blazer vs a Spier and Mackay Navy Sportcoat. I'm wondering which one you all would recommend? Thanks.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the construction quality is comparable but I am not a fan of the slim lapels on the J. Crew jackets. The Spier and Mackay jacket's proportions are much more classic IMO.

bmoredcstyle

Reaction score
As in should I take the differences into consideration when deciding what to purchase? Or are they pretty much the same thing?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The differences between a blazer and a navy sportcoat are probably not all that significant nowadays. The traditional blazer usually has metal buttons -- that's probably the most distinguishing characteristic of a blazer. Whichever you prefer, as long as it doesn't look like an orphaned suit jacket.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.