• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nau Riding Jacket fit

houjitomasu

Reaction score
Need a quick opinion, got two nau riding jackets and pretty sure I like the grey better.

But the fit between the Medium and Large is a bit different.

The Large I have in black - the bottom of the coat comes down about an inch, Just enough to cuff my fingers along the bottom. and the sleeves with the arms down my side cover my knuckles.

The Medium is the grey one, and the shoulders are a bit tight, but the length is shorter by about an inch.

I am about 6'0'', 180 lbs, a size 34 waist, and usually a Large in most shirts/16.5 neck.

Which size do you think I should go with? Medium or Large?

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by houjitomasu
Need a quick opinion, got two nau riding jackets and pretty sure I like the grey better.

But the fit between the Medium and Large is a bit different.

The Large I have in black - the bottom of the coat comes down about an inch, Just enough to cuff my fingers along the bottom. and the sleeves with the arms down my side cover my knuckles.

The Medium is the grey one, and the shoulders are a bit tight, but the length is shorter by about an inch.

I am about 6'0'', 180 lbs, a size 34 waist, and usually a Large in most shirts/16.5 neck.

Which size do you think I should go with? Medium or Large?

when i try on two sizes of something, unless the smaller one is totally unwearable i usually prefer it at the moment. a few weeks later when i just wnat to throw something relaxed and casual and not tightfitting on, i regret it.

JaPo

Reaction score
The sleeves on the large are putrid, and everything fits better with the medium. Comfort? Pfft.

Go for medium, Bruno!

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
I agree the medium looks better, but if you are actually going to use it as active wear, you should take that into consideration.

I actually really like this jacket. More than I've liked a non-natural fiber garment in a while. I might take a look at one.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Medium is a much better fit overall, but only you know how many layers you'd plan to wear under it. A good tailor can shorten those sleeves on the Large if that's the main issue....

EDIT: Upon second look, the large does not look bad at all in the shoulders and body length. it's really just the sleeves. So, go with your gut. Tight shoulders on a piece like that can make it less and less appealing over time.

Robertito

Reaction score
They both look pretty good to me, but the medium looks like it wouldn't allow many layers underneath, so I voted large. What do you think of the quality?

houjitomasu

Reaction score
It's made of some fancy japanese polyester, but really the fit (I should have taken pics from behind but couldn't) is very cool, and it's very breathable!

I would also highly recommend NAU for their customer service too, it's top notch.

Also, don't take color into consideration, I'm pretty sure I'm going with the grey either way (due to me having too much black).

A good point about the layers. In that medium, I can't have much more than a t-shirt underneath, I have an undershirt and polo shirt on underneath and it was tight. When it's unbuttoned though, it's fine.

k4ppah

Reaction score
I like the idea of tailoring the large too. The neck on the medium seems to be pulling kinda weird when buttoned amongst other things.

houjitomasu

Reaction score
Well looks like the Larges have it.

What does everybody like, the black or grey?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads