1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nau (Eco Friendly Activewear and Outdoor Clothing)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ahjota, Oct 21, 2008.

1. cfinn

cfinn New Member

Its nice to see companies that support both good design and sustainability able to compete in a marketplace dependent on sacrificing both in the name of profit margins. I'm glad they were able to tweak their business strategy to reopen.

2. chronic

chronic Senior member

Anybody know if they still have the 10% off of everything at the popup store? Or if that was a limited-time thing. Thanks! [​IMG]

3. chronic

chronic Senior member

4. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Selectism has a nice Q&A with Nau's Mark Galbraith. Topics covered include fabric sourcing, the company production code of conduct, and new technologies and fabrics that are being used.

Something I found quite interesting was this:

Also some much better pics of the Shroud of Purrin trench, down shirt, and some softshell jacket:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

^Just found a coupon code for 40% off an item (some exclusions). Code is HOTTODDY. Expires 12/15.

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/nau.com

Thanks, retailmenot!

Looks like its 40% off original price, not sale price.

6. tedbearz

tedbearz Senior member

Putting up some Confidant pants for sale in the Streetwear B&S.

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

I love my down shirt. With a sweater, it keeps me warm on the coldest of days. Nice trim cut for a puffer. There is a great Asylum jacket for sale in B&S.

8. blynch

blynch Senior member

thanks for the heads up on the 40% off, I'm really thinking about the riding jacket and the succinct trench. Is 40% as high as nau usually gets, or will they probably get even higher after christmas?

9. tedbearz

tedbearz Senior member

Anyone interested in a transporter blazer in medium. I wore it a few times. Want to check here before I post it on b&s.

10. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

thanks for the heads up on the 40% off, I'm really thinking about the riding jacket and the succinct trench. Is 40% as high as nau usually gets, or will they probably get even higher after christmas?
    They had a 50-70% off sale at the end of each season during Nau 1.0. Then they crashed and burned. I read on their blog, shortly after the relaunch, that they would be relatively sparing with coupons, discounts, and sales. I'd say go for it.
    I love my down shirt. With a sweater, it keeps me warm on the coldest of days. Nice trim cut for a puffer.
    I like everything about it except that it doesn't have a zipper. I've tried on both of the striped colors, which look much better in person than in the pictures on their site. The Selectism pic I posted a few posts up is pretty good.

11. tedbearz

tedbearz Senior member

Bought the blazing jacket . I was expecting a serious winter coat something comprably to a TNF down jacket in terms of warmth. It's more a low loft down sweater and hard shell in one. For the price I was expecting more.

12. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

I like everything about it except that it doesn't have a zipper. I've tried on both of the striped colors, which look much better in person than in the pictures on their site. The Selectism pic I posted a few posts up is pretty good.

+1 on this. The down sweater is an awesome piece, and the lack of zipper makes it compress into a tiny ball--perfect for travel, camping, overnights, etc. Looks great on, too.

Bought the blazing jacket . I was expecting a serious winter coat something comprably to a TNF down jacket in terms of warmth. It's more a low loft down sweater and hard shell in one. For the price I was expecting more.
    Hmm. That IS a serious piece. Don't be fooled by perceived weight of down. Fill power and amount of it cannot be judged by how "heavy" a piece feels. TNF uses cheap down fill in most of their stuff 9not all), and as a result, you need way more of it to achieve any real warmth. Higher quality down (more loft) requires less actual down to achieve the same or higher warmth factor. While the Blazing may not be a substitute for a true expedition weight down piece, it can stand up to some serious weather, esp. when it's wet, thanks to the hard shell construction. YMMV, but materials and workmanship on Nau FAR exceeds 70+% of TNF's line, not to mention is immeasurably more stylish.

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

I like the design of my Nau blazing jacket form last season more than the one this season.

nau is very well designed and functional. my jacket has a ton of smart features = button down placket, elasticized cuffs, an inner glove pocket, external phone/ipod pocket with a headphone keeper strap, internal tightening straps, soft fleece on the collar parts that touch your face, etc etc

14. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Went to the NAU pop-up store in NYC to buy Spring today. Man, the upcoming styles are great. They have an absolutely killer jacket. Can't wait to get their stuff in-store.

And if you visit the NYC shop then there's an extra bonus: free Stumptown coffee. I had two cups and was a janky-walking wreck by the time I left. It's wonderfully strong.

15. Racove

Racove Senior member

I like the design of my Nau blazing jacket form last season more than the one this season.

nau is very well designed and functional. my jacket has a ton of smart features = button down placket, elasticized cuffs, an inner glove pocket, external phone/ipod pocket with a headphone keeper strap, internal tightening straps, soft fleece on the collar parts that touch your face, etc etc

I have the same item and absolutely love it. Much more than the current version. Its amazing how warm it is (I love the down filled hood), yet its never too hot like some of my other down items. How'd they do that?

16. Teger

Teger Senior member

I think it has to do with the fact that it warms the 'trapped' air?

17. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Went to the NAU pop-up store in NYC to buy Spring today. Man, the upcoming styles are great. They have an absolutely killer jacket. Can't wait to get their stuff in-store.

Is it the Lightbeam jacket?

18. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Is it the Lightbeam jacket?
    No, it was this one: [​IMG] Not sure what the exact model name is. It comes in a dark grey color which is more versatile than the one here. It's got a great fit and is technical and water-resistant. I like it because it heads more into the Bedford/Upland jacket direction, but is still original and very much represents Nau's take on a more classic style. One of the best Spring jackets that I've seen.

19. davewe

davewe Well-Known Member

20. Yardsale

Yardsale Senior member

woah thanks for the report Epaulet, I like the direction they're heading...