Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nau (Eco Friendly Activewear and Outdoor Clothing)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ahjota, Oct 21, 2008.

1. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Couple other things: Teger, if you're curious about the dualist jacket... and if anyone's into the cashmere-angora hoody...
    And finally...
    Any input (in regard to fit/quality)/pics would be greatly appreciated. [​IMG]
    I knew someone had posted a pic of the acoustic jacket in WAYWN last year. Just found it. The guy, wrl, said it was "stretchy and comfortable". [​IMG]

2. Teger

Teger Senior member

see as a fellow virginian, you know we only have cold weather like 3 months a year, so I don't think that I need another 'winter' jacket. the acousting is so tempting though...

I also assume those are for size small?

3. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

For most of Virginia it's 3 months. I'm in the mountains. It's more like 4-5. :p

And yes, those are for size Small.

I just bought a polotariat and a scarf. Thanks, zissou.

4. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

I own some winter sports Nau gear and really like it. It has a great fit and very well-thought-out design. If I didn't live in SoCal I'd own a lot more of it, especially their city-style stuff.

5. mmm

mmm Senior member

Anyone know if they ship to canada? you can change the billing address to canada but not the shipping address.

6. raginberriodoom

raginberriodoom Senior member

Just looking for a quick response, does anyone know how warm their down jackets are?

7. Teger

Teger Senior member

warm.

I wore in in buffalo in about 5 degree weather withjj a tshirt underneath and was fine

8. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

warm. I wore in in buffalo in about 5 degree weather withjj a tshirt underneath and was fine
    When were you in Buffalo?

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

Just looking for a quick response, does anyone know how warm their down jackets are?

I have the down shirt and find it to be much warmer than my POS North Face Nuptse jacket ever was. This is mostly due to the tapered cut of the jacket, which reduces the air space in between your body and the insulation. So, while it's not nearly as bulky as most down jackets, I'd say it's just as warm if not warmer. Plus, the snap=up collar is a great added feature for those times when I'm caught int he cold without a scarf.

10. raginberriodoom

raginberriodoom Senior member

I'm actually looking to pick up the http://www.nau.com/mens/categories/j...t-307M408.html, the blazing jacket, since it seems to be the most warm out of all the jackets (I need it for those nasty Chicago winters...) The down shirt looks nice but does not look to be as warm as the blazing jacket. Can anyone else comment on these two pieces?

Also looking at the twisted scarves, which colorway do you guys think is the best? I'm digging twilight.

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

When were you in Buffalo?

haha I didn't even see you were from buffalo! I was up during the 1st week of january for a week, visiting family. erie county area, must outside of amherst

12. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

I'm actually looking to pick up the http://www.nau.com/mens/categories/j...t-307M408.html, the blazing jacket, since it seems to be the most warm out of all the jackets (I need it for those nasty Chicago winters...) The down shirt looks nice but does not look to be as warm as the blazing jacket. Can anyone else comment on these two pieces?

Also looking at the twisted scarves, which colorway do you guys think is the best? I'm digging twilight.

Read the thread, foo. Teger's posted about three times on the blazing jacket, including a fit pic.

I picked up the green one. Lichen, I think? I have too much black/navy/grey in my wardrobe already.

13. zissou

zissou Senior member

I like that scarf in twilight the most, partly because I hate wearing green.

14. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

So you guys are saying this stuff fits pretty TTS? The fit pics of the shirts look great but I don't want them to pull an RL on me.

15. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

^^ I'll find out next week. They describe the fit of each piece on the page, and I've had good results in calling/emailing and asking for measurements -- which seem to match up fairly well with their sizing chart.