• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nau (Eco Friendly Activewear and Outdoor Clothing)

drbaw

Reaction score
I'd been looking at the down shirt jacket for awhile and finally pulled the trigger during the Gilt sale. Moving from sunny CA to dreary CT in a few months and need to start stocking up cold weather clothes. For those of you who live in coastal New England - would this layered with a shell, a sweater, and a shirt hold up to most winter conditions?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Yes. I am from the CT coast but now live in UT. It's generally similar climate and I wear my down shirt often. I think it's actually warmer than the TNF Nuptse jacket I had because it fits so much better. You should be just fine with those layers.

CT will be quite a change for you as far as climate. I'm from the far east end of the coast. Mind if I ask where you'll be?

drbaw

Reaction score
^ I'll be in New Haven (school). I've spent the last few months trying to figure out what kind of clothes I'll need to get in order to survive the winter and dress appropriately for class etc... Still need to grab a good overcoat, a few scarves, and some snow boots. As a lifelong Californian this whole "winter clothes" thing is novel.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, well, hell! You should wait until you get there and hit up J Press and take the train into the city.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered the blazing jacket today directly from Nau. Price difference was negligible between Gilt and Nau and need the ability to exchange for a different size if necessary

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's been said before, but 50% off the nau pop up shop in nyc

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Anyone going there? I'm in the market for some Asylum pants in L...

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to the Nau pop-up in NYC yesterday and I had a great experience with the guys from Nau. I had been wanting a Modus Trench in medium for quite some time now, but the $450 price tag was prohibitive. I went to the pop-up and they didnt have any Mediums left. I was obviously really bummed and expressed this to Sean, the guy who was helping me that worked for Nau. So, he starts making calls to the warehouse, other shops, and whatnot, and was able to track down a medium for me! He said he would still give me the 50% discount and I was going to have the jacket mailed to me in California.

Very greatful for their effort and I'm stoked to have that awesome jacket.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
^Anyone going there? I'm in the market for some Asylum pants in L...

Are these for you? They might be too big. Have you tried them on. Also, sending you a PM...

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
File under Shameless Plug: If anyone is in the market for a pair of Women's Asylum pants for a lady friend, i have a pair of size M BNWT I'd sell ya for cheap. PM me.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
Are these for you? They might be too big. Have you tried them on. Also, sending you a PM...

Yeah, for me. I was basing them off of Nau's general measurements. I think you and I are the same waist. Would you recommend a M?

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I wear an M but I realized now that mine are from about 3 seasons ago. They may very well have refined the fit so perhaps I'm not as reliable on this one. I can measure mine this weekend.

long_knives

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Looking for proxy on Blazing Jkt and Bender pants. PM pls.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Yeah, for me. I was basing them off of Nau's general measurements. I think you and I are the same waist. Would you recommend a M?

I can't imagine you'd be a L in those pants. I"m a solid M in everything Nau and I"m bigger than you

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads