• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nau (Eco Friendly Activewear and Outdoor Clothing)

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not baggy. But not as slim as say W+H slim hoodies. Virtually everything Nau makes is on the fitted side, but not as slim as some fashion brands.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the downshirt. Got in a size SMALL. Could have went /w an XSmall. Had a big gash in the back of the shirt, goign to end up returning it.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ that's fucked up. obv a mistake somewhere in the picking/shipping. i'm sure they will exchange it for you.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well the thing was there was no tear in the bag it came in, just in the garment itself. Either way going to see if I can return it as I'm eyeing the CDW version. The hoodie doesn't seem to run that slim, my friend order an XL and it was a little loose. He could have size down to a L

kayaker

Reaction score
Just got my asylum pants in the mail. Had to return my medium for a small, which fits perfectly (31x32 pants). The quality of materials and workmanship is outstanding, definitely at least as good as arc'teryx. The articulated knees are great, the belt and waist is well-designed and the gaiters look beefy. Can't wait to get out skiing in these!

One thing I question is the design of the two front pockets is such that the area immediately around the zippers pulls up when i bend down or raise my legs, as for a turn snowboarding or taking a steep incline backpacking. Not sure if that'll effect the waterproofness of the zipper long term, but I'll cross that bridge if/when I get there.

00 scrub

Reaction score
Anyone know if a tailor can easily shorten the sleeve lengths on the Transporter Blazer and keep the cuff details? The one tailor I took it to said it would be impossible to keep button and flap. Anyone have suggestions on what to do to shorten the sleeves by an inch or so?

SerialComma

Reaction score
I got the down shirt, and I really like it...but it makes me sneeze. Funny, as I have the blazing jacket as well and have no problem with that. I'm going to return it and thinking about the dualist jacket. Does anyone have experience/thoughts/opinions on it? Rather, I'm interested in hearing about how the jacket looks and performs in real life, etc. You know, as opposed to not-real life.

Kafkaesque

Reaction score
just received my asylum jacket, i guess i should've taken people's advice. this is definitely not meant to go over a dress shirt and tie. nonetheless, it's really an amazing piece for skiing, snowboarding, and probably even alpine climbing.

people are right about going "small" if you're a "medium". i have the medium and it fits me like a large or xtra large would.

gonna return this and hopefully get something more business oriented. too bad the modus trench is sold out in size small. do you guys know if they restock frequently?

Kafkaesque

Reaction score
kinda sad the rheostat jacket in black is basically sold out of all sizes except xtra large. i was thinking of trying that
redface.gif

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Similar in function to the Modus trench, in that its mostly just windproof and waterproof. I do think its one of Nau's better designs in the men's collection, and of all the Nau garments I've owned, I got the most compliments on my Urbane.

Kafkaesque

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
^ Similar in function to the Modus trench, in that its mostly just windproof and waterproof. I do think its one of Nau's better designs in the men's collection, and of all the Nau garments I've owned, I got the most compliments on my Urbane.

thanks! i called to order it last night. what color is yours?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine was the Carbon Heather. It was awesome -- it could look charcoal or dark brown depending on the lighting. Really nice.

I sold it off though because I outgrew it.

Kafkaesque

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Mine was the Carbon Heather. It was awesome -- it could look charcoal or dark brown depending on the lighting. Really nice.

I sold it off though because I outgrew it.

i got the fossil heather but i might exhange it for carbon if i dont like the color.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SS11 Populus Blazer on Twitter: http://twitpic.com/3ph2do Someone with more free time than I nab the pic and host it so we can see it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads