• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nau (Eco Friendly Activewear and Outdoor Clothing)

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From Epaulet's blog:

4585360090_44df3d1199.jpg

Steve Rogerson & Mark Galbraith of Nau. Since last Fall, Nau has become one of the most important brands in our store. These guys and their team make absolutely killer pieces with unwavering quality. We've got a special edition piece in the Fall that will be killer.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Steve Rogerson & Mark Galbraith of Nau. Since last Fall, Nau has become one of the most important brands in our store. These guys and their team make absolutely killer pieces with unwavering quality. We've got a special edition piece in the Fall that will be killer.

Oh, and I should mention that Mark Galbraith is their head designer. He's a brilliant guy.

And my apologies, but our special edition Fall product will be for the ladies.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I continue to be perplexed by Nau's sizing.

I ordered the merino polo and the lightbeam shirt, both of which I wanted to use for bike riding, and the lightbeam is huge, and the polo is too tight.

I also got the motil commuter. I was not a huge fan. For the price, it seemed like I wasn't really getting much. The material just doesn't really pop or strike me in any way. The bag is huge in size (width and height), but only expands a few inches. The fasteners were also a pain to open, and there is no pocket on the bag (other than the water bottle pockets on the ends) that you can access on the go. I was pretty disappointed in the overall design, it didn't seem as well thought-out as some of nau's better outerwear is.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some preview shots for Nau FW10. Looks like they used the same crappy lighting for the photoshoot.
facepalm.gif

Binary jacket, plus a really nice scarf and looks-like-merino-shirt?
4876461652_4a4d1e492d.jpg
4875853167_28e6d5f9f5.jpg

Dualist jacket
4876461532_5f80287024.jpg

Urbane jacket, and another nice scarf
4876460738_c3b5182f35.jpg

Shroud of Purrin blazer
4875768137_be5f315ed2.jpg

Vice blazer
4875766009_7aeb695cb1.jpg

More shots, as well as some women's fw2010, at http://www.flickr.com/photos/nau_pho...7624688837754/ ...

rdev

Reaction score
Part 1 of the fall line is up on the site now. Not everything from the preview shots made it in (no binary or dualist jackets). Nothing jumps out at me as anything that I need to buy.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the scarves. Don't know if I'll be picking them up, though, as I am moving south in a month for the rest of the year.

One good thing is that they now stock XS for a few pieces. The Urbane Jacket and the Down Jacket/Vest. Maybe a few others.

rdev

Reaction score
Cool, I didn't notice that. It's no good for me, but it's nice to see them offering stuff for smaller people.

thanos

Reaction score
What sort of thickness is the vice blazer by the way? Comparable to a medium-weight sportcoat? I dont need down jacket warmth, but I am looking for something heavier then a shell layer.

Also, does anyone courier to Australia?

thanos

Reaction score
ok, cheers. Has anyone had any experience with their lined version, the shroud of purrin blazer?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, they'll have a third delivery in mid-October.

The Transporter looks better in the granite heather. I'm guessing that's a medium grey, maybe darker. I'm also liking the Modus trench this time around. Actually, I liked it last year, too, but I think this year I'd actually consider buying it.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a Nau jacket to replace a North Face jacket that I have that "everyone and their mom" has.

Which one is nice and warm?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guessing you're replacing a Denali fleece?

Try the Profile Fleece jacket or the Dualist jacket. Alternately, any of the Shroud of Purrin pieces, or even the Down shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads