Nau (Eco Friendly Activewear and Outdoor Clothing)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ahjota, Oct 21, 2008.

1. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

From Epaulet's blog:

[​IMG]
    Steve Rogerson & Mark Galbraith of Nau. Since last Fall, Nau has become one of the most important brands in our store. These guys and their team make absolutely killer pieces with unwavering quality. We've got a special edition piece in the Fall that will be killer.

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Steve Rogerson & Mark Galbraith of Nau. Since last Fall, Nau has become one of the most important brands in our store. These guys and their team make absolutely killer pieces with unwavering quality. We've got a special edition piece in the Fall that will be killer.

Oh, and I should mention that Mark Galbraith is their head designer. He's a brilliant guy.

And my apologies, but our special edition Fall product will be for the ladies.

3. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

I continue to be perplexed by Nau's sizing.

I ordered the merino polo and the lightbeam shirt, both of which I wanted to use for bike riding, and the lightbeam is huge, and the polo is too tight.

I also got the motil commuter. I was not a huge fan. For the price, it seemed like I wasn't really getting much. The material just doesn't really pop or strike me in any way. The bag is huge in size (width and height), but only expands a few inches. The fasteners were also a pain to open, and there is no pocket on the bag (other than the water bottle pockets on the ends) that you can access on the go. I was pretty disappointed in the overall design, it didn't seem as well thought-out as some of nau's better outerwear is.

4. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

5. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Some preview shots for Nau FW10. Looks like they used the same crappy lighting for the photoshoot. [​IMG]

Binary jacket, plus a really nice scarf and looks-like-merino-shirt?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Dualist jacket
    [​IMG]

Urbane jacket, and another nice scarf
    [​IMG]

Shroud of Purrin blazer
    [​IMG]

Vice blazer
    [​IMG]

More shots, as well as some women's fw2010, at http://www.flickr.com/photos/nau_pho...7624688837754/ ...

6. rdev

rdev Well-Known Member

Part 1 of the fall line is up on the site now. Not everything from the preview shots made it in (no binary or dualist jackets). Nothing jumps out at me as anything that I need to buy.

7. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

I like the scarves. Don't know if I'll be picking them up, though, as I am moving south in a month for the rest of the year.

One good thing is that they now stock XS for a few pieces. The Urbane Jacket and the Down Jacket/Vest. Maybe a few others.

8. rdev

rdev Well-Known Member

Cool, I didn't notice that. It's no good for me, but it's nice to see them offering stuff for smaller people.

9. thanos

thanos Active Member

What sort of thickness is the vice blazer by the way? Comparable to a medium-weight sportcoat? I dont need down jacket warmth, but I am looking for something heavier then a shell layer.

Also, does anyone courier to Australia?

10. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

it's literally shell weight but blazer cut.

11. thanos

thanos Active Member

ok, cheers. Has anyone had any experience with their lined version, the shroud of purrin blazer?

12. thanos

thanos Active Member

13. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Actually, they'll have a third delivery in mid-October.

The Transporter looks better in the granite heather. I'm guessing that's a medium grey, maybe darker. I'm also liking the Modus trench this time around. Actually, I liked it last year, too, but I think this year I'd actually consider buying it.

14. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

I'm thinking of getting a Nau jacket to replace a North Face jacket that I have that "everyone and their mom" has.

Which one is nice and warm?

15. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Guessing you're replacing a Denali fleece?

Try the Profile Fleece jacket or the Dualist jacket. Alternately, any of the Shroud of Purrin pieces, or even the Down shirt.