Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nau (Eco Friendly Activewear and Outdoor Clothing)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ahjota, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Chip

Chip Senior member

Also, I wonder if anyone other than Zissou, davewe, oboy, and I actually pays attention to this thread. [​IMG]
    I do. I'm actually getting ready do some Holiday shopping for the Fam. Thanks for discount codes everyone!

2. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Just follow their Twitter. http://twitter.com/nauclothing

3. jevum

jevum Well-Known Member

4. SerialComma

SerialComma Senior member

No experience with the Purrin trench, but I have the blazing jacket, and I really, really like it. I got the carbon, and in some lights it's black; in others, it's brown. It's a nice clean fit, and it's got ample storage space.

I did expect it to be a bit warmer, though, and I'm thinking about picking up one of Nau's profile fleece jackets to use as a layer on those really cold days.

I had the Purrin hoody and ended up returning it for the blazing jacket. Though it felt really nice on the inside, unless it was zipped up the whole way, the collar just felt awkward (it laid sort of funny). But in the end I thought it was just kind of boring.

5. localtalent

localtalent Member

Anyone have the Purrin trench? http://www.nau.com/mens/categories/j...h-309M507.html

Thoughts? I'm between it, the Purrin hoody, and blazing jacket.

I went to the pop-up store and tried on a bunch of outerwear and midlayers - IMO most of the garments look way better online than in person.

I tried the Purrin jacket (which is like the hoodie, sans hood) and found it a little plain for my tastes. The fabric feels like most shell-type jackets, and the fleece interior was soft but felt strange. Not sure how warm it would be.

Merino hoodies had an oversized, baggy cut. Definitely something I would have worn in college, but probably not now.

The riding jacket looked great buttoned up but the lapels were too floppy when open, a product of the fabric.

The acoustic jacket was nice, but not particularly warm (just an outer shell) and fairly expensive.

I like what the company does, but wasn't overwhelmed with the quality and fit of the garments.

6. cfinn

cfinn New Member

Its nice to see companies that support both good design and sustainability able to compete in a marketplace dependent on sacrificing both in the name of profit margins. I'm glad they were able to tweak their business strategy to reopen.

7. chronic

chronic Senior member

Anybody know if they still have the 10% off of everything at the popup store? Or if that was a limited-time thing. Thanks! [​IMG]

8. chronic

chronic Senior member

9. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Selectism has a nice Q&A with Nau's Mark Galbraith. Topics covered include fabric sourcing, the company production code of conduct, and new technologies and fabrics that are being used.

Something I found quite interesting was this:

Also some much better pics of the Shroud of Purrin trench, down shirt, and some softshell jacket:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

^Just found a coupon code for 40% off an item (some exclusions). Code is HOTTODDY. Expires 12/15.

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/nau.com

Thanks, retailmenot!

Looks like its 40% off original price, not sale price.

11. tedbearz

tedbearz Senior member

Putting up some Confidant pants for sale in the Streetwear B&S.

12. zissou

zissou Senior member

I love my down shirt. With a sweater, it keeps me warm on the coldest of days. Nice trim cut for a puffer. There is a great Asylum jacket for sale in B&S.

13. blynch

blynch Senior member

thanks for the heads up on the 40% off, I'm really thinking about the riding jacket and the succinct trench. Is 40% as high as nau usually gets, or will they probably get even higher after christmas?

14. tedbearz

tedbearz Senior member

Anyone interested in a transporter blazer in medium. I wore it a few times. Want to check here before I post it on b&s.

15. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

thanks for the heads up on the 40% off, I'm really thinking about the riding jacket and the succinct trench. Is 40% as high as nau usually gets, or will they probably get even higher after christmas?
    They had a 50-70% off sale at the end of each season during Nau 1.0. Then they crashed and burned. I read on their blog, shortly after the relaunch, that they would be relatively sparing with coupons, discounts, and sales. I'd say go for it.
    I love my down shirt. With a sweater, it keeps me warm on the coldest of days. Nice trim cut for a puffer.
    I like everything about it except that it doesn't have a zipper. I've tried on both of the striped colors, which look much better in person than in the pictures on their site. The Selectism pic I posted a few posts up is pretty good.