• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Natural leather belt question

matt1985

Reaction score
Sorry to post this, but I've searched and have only found snippets of info on what I'm looking for.

I had a belt made, and just wore it without treating it. I got a water stain on it and was wondering if it's possible to get it off?

I just done a few coats of leather conditioner to protect it more, so might just have to live with it. I'm getting another one made and will be coating it straight away. Would you guys worry about this stain?

After consultationer

matt1985

Reaction score
I guess for $15 I shouldn't be too worried about it!

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just roll with it. Once you get some more patina going it will blend in.

AAJJLLPP

Reaction score
It is no big deal, I have gotten lots or water stains on a natural leather belt of mine. Like Chet said, they blend away as the rest of the belt ages. If it does bother you, I have found fiebings saddle soap, with a bit of rubbing to greatly reduce water marks. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001O4VGYA
It is also very important to avoid conditioning the leather until it has had sufficient time to completely dry, otherwise you help set the stain.

matt1985

Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies guys, it's not so noticeable now. First time with a natural belt, just want it to turn out well! Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads