1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Natural leather belt question

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by matt1985, Jan 6, 2014.

1. matt1985

matt1985 Senior member

Sorry to post this, but I've searched and have only found snippets of info on what I'm looking for.

I had a belt made, and just wore it without treating it. I got a water stain on it and was wondering if it's possible to get it off?

I just done a few coats of leather conditioner to protect it more, so might just have to live with it. I'm getting another one made and will be coating it straight away. Would you guys worry about this stain?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    After consultationer

2. matt1985

matt1985 Senior member

I guess for $15 I shouldn't be too worried about it!

3. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

4. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Just roll with it. Once you get some more patina going it will blend in.

5. AAJJLLPP

AAJJLLPP Senior member

It is no big deal, I have gotten lots or water stains on a natural leather belt of mine. Like Chet said, they blend away as the rest of the belt ages. If it does bother you, I have found fiebings saddle soap, with a bit of rubbing to greatly reduce water marks. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001O4VGYA
    It is also very important to avoid conditioning the leather until it has had sufficient time to completely dry, otherwise you help set the stain.

6. matt1985

matt1985 Senior member

Thanks for all your replies guys, it's not so noticeable now. First time with a natural belt, just want it to turn out well! Thanks!