1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

National Hockey League 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jarude, Sep 5, 2013.

1. jarude

jarude Senior member

In which case, is a first and second pick worth the improvement that Vanek brings over Moulson? :stirpot:

Imagine if the Isles bomb and miss the postseason and give up a top10 pick while Vanek walks in free agency. Yikes...

2. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

I think the Isles overpaid in giving up the picks as the production between the two players isn't massively different. Def. not a 1st and a 2nd rounder different (i saw the comparative stats somewhere). Vanek can put up higher numbers while Moulson puts up nearly as high numbers while being a little more consistent.

but I agree on the "why not a goalie" problem. Doesn't make sense.

3. jarude

jarude Senior member

....aaaand Moulson with two in the first two periods. Foot planted firmly in mouth.

4. jarude

jarude Senior member

I'm not sure if Montreal looks awesome and Budaj is just beasting or NYR are just down on their luck. There didn't even look to be any fight in the Rangers calling for a kicking motion after that goal.

Does AV get the boot, or does he get a full season? I know there's been a lot of injuries but come on, they have to be better than this.

5. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

Rangers offense sucked big time (3 of their top 6 are out), but the amount of bullshit calls in that game was awful. I'd be deflated if I had to deal with those calls as well, especially given the no-goal from JT Miller a few days ago in Philly.

6. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

actually, I recall the games last year when Montreal was in town. Each was a complete and total snoozer, and this one was no exception. Ranger looked much different in Detroit on Saturday, Montreal's method is to simply make the game as slow and closed off as possible. It's boring as all hell.

7. gort

gort Senior member

Damn Ovi penalty shot choke that early in a game vs shitty Luongo. Feelsbadman.

8. gort

gort Senior member

You guys see Olesky lose his skate blade and try to hobble off looking like a puppy wearing a cast on slippery flooring?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  9. gort

gort Senior member

10. jarude

jarude Senior member

11. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

^You could make a Patrick Roy joke.

12. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

psshhhhh. That's considered "rookie initiation rights" in the NFL.

13. gort

gort Senior member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  14. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

Holmgren working his magic again. Max Talbot ($1.75 x 3 yrs) to the Avs in exchange for Steve Downie ($2.65 this year, UFA after)

15. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Senior member

Hmmm....maybe Gillis can pawn off an injured $4.5M/yr David Booth.

16. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

the season isn't even a month old, and we have two instances (er, video instances) of players pulling out their own teeth at the bench.

17. gort

gort Senior member

Varly playing tonight. :embar:

18. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

I'd lol if he got into a goalie fight, then finished with a shutout. and then did post-game interviews while wearing sunglasses.

1 person likes this.
  19. jarude

jarude Senior member

For sure, ha.

I wonder what the "street justice" will be on Varlamov. Maybe he'll get a few head-level slapshots coming at him.