• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

National Hockey League 2013-2014

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Countdown to Laviolette getting canned? I give him until November.

Something is definitely not working. But I can't really blame him. Holmgren did not make the right acquisitions during the off season and it shows. Our defense is too old and slow and they are constantly getting beat to the puck and taking penalties.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
yikes, gone in no time at all.

IMO, it should have been Holmgren getting the boot.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree 100%. Homer is an absolute joke and easily outclasses Jay "Offer Sheet" Feaster for worst GM in the league. He should've been done after his grand Carter/Richards fiasco failed to pan out.

If Lavy was already in the hot seat before the season started, why wait an entire camp, preseason, and then three games to can him? No one could honestly expect the all-star acquisitions of Gill, Streit, Lecavalier and Mason to suddenly make the Flyers a contending team. If the coach was going to be the first thing to go, it would have made far more sense to release him at the end of last season so a new coach could have an imprint on the team through camp. I don't know how proven Berube is, but I certainly don't see this providing any kind of benefit to the Flyers.

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
excellent point on the training camp, though to be fair it doesn't look like training camp helped the Flyers all that much with just 3 goals in 3 games. Holmgren basically had to "do something!" and that was the easiest first step.

i watched parts of Flyers/Canes last night, and Philly looked like they had sand in their skates.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
between giant contracts and buyouts, how much has Holmgren cost the Flyer's ownership? Gotta be in the $XXMM area.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forget the money; Holmgren should have his name on the Cup under Los Angeles 2012.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
haha. "Philadelphia Flyers - LA's AHL affiliate since 2005"

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL Quick. Some Conn Smythe-worthy goaltending right there.

He went full Toskala.

You never go full Toskala.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
i couldn't believe that goal when I saw it. next time he touched the puck, the fans razzed him a bit, and he knew he had to take it.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, I remember that. I was going to write brodeur, but that name has HOF connotations as opposed to good ol' Toskala, ha.

That's the absolute worst feeling. I've "only" let in one from centre ice as a kid. Softies from my own corner, on the other hand...

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
Fun game here last night. Great to see Schneids back, he got a nice standing O at the start of the game.

He and Lou played great. Crowd even gave him a good natured taunt late in the game, and what does he do? Stops Hansen on a breakaway.

Garrison - early contender for the Norris ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads