• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

National Hockey League 2013-2014

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why the coach put Kessel out there in the first place. There's like 50lbs. and a 7 inch difference between them.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
yeah, dumb move. Scott is a bit of a goon, and there was apparently some **** brewing the play before, so when you see Scott come onto the ice, you know what's up. So you stick Kessel next to him?? Come on.

Clarkson got the 10 games, and Kessel has a call with the league today.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Kessel gets suspended for games he probably wouldn't have played anyways. Leafs fans celebrate, the rest of the hockey world asks WTF.

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
Amazing how much attention the preseason got here in Vancouver especially leading up to last night.

Here is hoping what we saw out of the Canucks last night is real and translates to the regular season. But then again its preseason so who really knows.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tim Thomas signed a one year deal with the Panthers. Anxious to see how he does, I love watching him play. He's so aggressive and doesn't play the robot butterfly style that almost every goalie in the league plays nowadays.

Last edited:

Mark Anthony

Reaction score

Canadian super-fans seem to view the pre-season as a playoffs-lite. I really don't understand why.

With all the changes this year in Van, it is unique. Usually Canuck fans and media ignore the preseason, can't speak for other cities.

But this year it is non stop issues and concerns like I can't remember. If I have to hear media mention the closing window or what is this team's identity one more time "I'm gonna snap" (Yes, I hate the new morning show on Team 1040).

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
caught parts of the Toronto feed of the leafs vs. the wings. The announcers spared no expense at making fun of Detroit's economy and low ticket prices.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was it leafs TV or the sportsnet feed? The same guy does both and he's a clown.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
idk. Whatever they're showing on the online NHL GameCenterLive feed.

i'm only watching it because I was watching the Philly/Caps feed, which was a great game, and then I took the dog out, then suddenly that game was suddenly "blacked out" (I'm in NYC). ******* *************.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Leafs to re-sign Kessel. 8 years at $8MM per.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads