Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

National Hockey League 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jarude, Sep 5, 2013.

1. gort

gort Distinguished Member

Fucking Holtby. :fu: My drunk facebook feed last night:

Braden Holtby has allowed 5 goals on 10 shots
    Like · · Promote · Share

Braden Holtby has allowed 4 goals on 8 shots.
    Like · · Promote · Share

Braden Holtby has allowed 3 goals on 5 shots.
    Like · · Promote · Share

Also lol at this fatty:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last night was second time Grabovski got his name spelled incorrectly on his jersey. WTF: http://www.russianmachineneverbreak...grabovski-jersey-returns-in-minnesota-photos/
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014

2. jarude

jarude Distinguished Member

Such a shame. I have a soft spot for quirky goalies and was a huge fan of him when he was coming up out the AHL dominating everyone. Sucks that he's bad now. :(

Also, I'm enjoying the national meltdown after the Canadian loss in the bronze medal WJC game. Nothing like calling the quality of Canadian hockey as a whole after a couple soft losses in a one-game elimination tournament for teenagers.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014

3. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

4. jarude

For sure. Its not especially egregious, but its a clear case of boarding and I'm pretty sure Tyutin was injured so he'll get a suspension for that.

I'd classify that as more stupid than dangerous on Kreider's part. It didn't look horrible, just dumb... he should get a slap on the wrist for his own inability to stop himself. Goon shit like Neal kneeing Marchand's head is where the big suspensions should be coming out.

5. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

i'm aiming towards nothing, kind of like the Schenn/Wilson incident from a few weeks ago. Tyutin was hurt in the game, but according to CBJ, it wasn't during that hit. The hit was mostly from the side (Kreider didn't "see numbers" as he approached the hit), and it was Tyutin's awkward angle that put him in head first, plus his "just shot" stance that made himself and his face vulnerable.

6. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Senior Member

So basically all of Canadian broadcasting was preempted to announce the Canadian Men's National Hockey Team today.

Canuck fans are stoked that Hamhuis made the team, who knows if he makes the top three pairings or not.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014

7. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

Forwards: Jamie Benn, Patrice Bergeron, Jeff Carter, Sidney Crosby, Matt Duchene, Ryan Getzlaf, Chris Kunitz, Patrick Marleau, Rick Nash, Corey Perry, Patrick Sharp, Steven Stamkos, John Tavares, Jonathan Toews

Defensemen: Jay Bouwmeester, Drew Doughty, Dan Hamhuis, Duncan Keith, Alex Pietrangelo, PK Subban, Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Shea Weber

Goaltenders: Roberto Luongo, Carey Price, Mike Smith

noable bonks: Giroux, Neal, Thornton, Eric Staal, St. Louis, Couture, Boyle, Seabrook

8. jarude

Kunitz over MSL. No Neal. Dan fucking Hamhuis.

Its almost like I said I would hold off on judging Team USA because Yzerman would pick Kunitz...

9. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

agreed on the MSL snub, especially since it's Stevie Y at the helm. Some questionable decisions all around, but I'll enjoy seeing the Canadian fans poop themselves over just the selections.

10. Mark Anthony

Surprised about Seabrook but I think what did him in and put Hamhuis on the team is skating ability. The ice surface in Sochi is the largest allowable under IIHF rules, probably the biggest in international play ever.

11. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

wouldn't this benefit guys like MSL and Couture (ok, injury there) since they'd have much more room to work with? I can see Tavares, Stamkos, and Kane taking advantage of the space.

12. Mark Anthony

Agree that someone like MSL would do well on big ice. Little surprised Carter made the squad too, as no one was really talking about him in recent weeks.

Nash edges out Staal, that one will get lots of scrutiny up here.

13. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

Nash thrives on open ice, he'll tear up the lanes with his speed and long reach.

14. gort

gort Distinguished Member

No big surprise Marc Andre Fleury didn't make it, but Mike Smith?

15. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

To me the MSL snub is indicative of the gamble on Stamkos. I think it's a ballsy selection regardless, but the way the roster shakes out leads me to think Stevie Y is less than sure of Stamkos' ability to be an impact player these games. Crosby/Kunitz, Getzlaf/Perry, Toews/Sharpie are all tried-and-true chemistry pairings. The fact that they left out St. Louis tells me they don't think Stamkos will be in a position to carry a line/be a sure-fire impact coming off the injury. Instead he can be shuffled into one of the top two as a wild card.