• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

National Hockey League 2013-2014

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too bad that's the only thing we can win right now. Let's see what happens tomorrow against the Devs.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have tickets to tomorrows caps/panthers game. I planned accordingly and made sure to purchase them vs a team that was a sure bet to be bad this year. :D

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caps game was great success on Saturday. Def got my money's worth with a shootout. Sad no Ovi or Tim Thomas though.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I'd be bummed if I paid for a Caps game but didn't see AO. I realize it's different if you're a Caps fan. Same applies for the Pens and Crosby/Malkin. Philly and Giroux are no longer relevant.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looks like Holtby wants nothing to do with the fight here.

**I have despised Emery since he got into a fight with one of his own teammates in Ottawa during practice.

Under what circumstances would two goalies fight?

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
if everybody else is fighting on-ice brawl style, the goalies will sometimes get involved. Happens maybe a few times a year, I'd guess, and just under a month into the seasons I'm pretty sure this isn't the first goalie fight.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd be bummed if I paid for a Caps game but didn't see AO. I realize it's different if you're a Caps fan. Same applies for the Pens and Crosby/Malkin. Philly and Giroux are no longer relevant.

Lol, last year Giroux was being talked about in the same breath as Sid, Malkin, and Stamkos. That entire team must have overachieved for a good two years if these are their true colours.

Under what circumstances would two goalies fight?

It usually only happens in a noted team rivalry or if one of the goalies is a total shitstain. In the case of Emery, see the latter option.[

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
i feel kind of bad for the guy. he's obviously having an off year, but what's the deal with it? are teams just going "check this out, this dude scores a ton of goes on the PP from right inside the circle, do you think we should get a guy on that?", are his linemates unable to dish a good pass to him this year, or are teams just checking the **** out of him at every rush?

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't be fair to attribute at least some of his underperformance to Philly being awful in general, but if he was truly great he'd find a way around it. Every other legit superstar in the league finds a way to do their thing in spite of all the coverage they receive.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
caught some of the Philly/Canes game last night. I was only giving the game half my attention at best, but I don't recall seeing Giroux. Must be his invisibility cloak.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
every year, my school releases the game worn jerseys from their D1 program's prior season for purchase. $100, a no brainer for me.

10712617504_4fa75bf852_z.jpg

10712633476_4412de6956_z.jpg

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
i can hardly imagine the number of high-5's that guy is being given at work right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads