• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

National Hockey League 2012-2013 Thread

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Season is done in my mind. Shame...but its one year closer to the Islanders being in Brooklyn (and yes, i will switch allegiances if that happens).

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The ****?

Sorry, a 5 minute train ride to watch a team from my hometown is enough (plus the Rangers moved my dad's seats after almost 40 years in the same spot due to the reno, farther from the ice, off center ice, and are charging him 25% more. I've been growing frustrated with Ranger pricing for a long time...the ability to afford season tickets again is too big of a draw for me...Brooklyn Americans?

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does that mean you'll become NewYorkIslander? BrooklynAmerican?

Think of all the woes you'll inherit... Lundqvist-->DiPietro/Nabokov. Nash/Richards/Staal--> Tavares, um... Moulson, and, uh... Streit? Oh yeah, Grabner. Eesh.. Tavares is the biggest bargain contract in the league, unfortunately DiPietro kinda cancels that out. lol.

Time to bandwagon the **** out of my hometown OHL team. New job is 5 minutes walk from their arena so I might have to start watching. They did make it to within 1 goal of the Memorial Cup last year...

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Does that mean you'll become NewYorkIslander? BrooklynAmerican?
Think of all the woes you'll inherit... Lundqvist-->DiPietro/Nabokov. Nash/Richards/Staal--> Tavares, um... Moulson, and, uh... Streit? Oh yeah, Grabner. Eesh.. Tavares is the biggest bargain contract in the league, unfortunately DiPietro kinda cancels that out. lol.
Time to bandwagon the **** out of my hometown OHL team. New job is 5 minutes walk from their arena so I might have to start watching. They did make it to within 1 goal of the Memorial Cup last year...

Its the commute thats the biggest draw...10 minute hop on the train, plus if they come and do lots of community stuff like the Nets, no way I'd be able to root against them...BrooklynAmerican sounds good to me!

BTW, just watched "Goon". Just as good, if not better than Slapshot. What a great hockey movie, and so underrated.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sorry, a 5 minute train ride to watch a team from my hometown is enough (plus the Rangers moved my dad's seats after almost 40 years in the same spot due to the reno, farther from the ice, off center ice, and are charging him 25% more. I've been growing frustrated with Ranger pricing for a long time...the ability to afford season tickets again is too big of a draw for me...Brooklyn Americans?

Is it even possible when Barclay's only seats 14,500 for hockey?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
16, 234 is the capacity now and when the building opened it seated 14,500...would be a lateral move in terms of seating capacity but I bet the Isles will do a lot better in Bk. They have 4-5000 people at some home games.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mts centre in winnpeg only seats 13500 iirc

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
Islanders to Brooklyn would be a very good move as anything Brooklyn would resonate much better with that community. That and with the Nets now there suddenly Brooklyn can regain some of its past glory as a sporting center after the Dodgers left.

What to do with the Devils is the question?

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Islanders to Brooklyn would be a very good move as anything Brooklyn would resonate much better with that community. That and with the Nets now there suddenly Brooklyn can regain some of its past glory as a sporting center after the Dodgers left.
What to do with the Devils is the question?

That's a good question. Moving isn't an option though... the arena is a very heavy anchor.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2 weeks gone. :fu:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads