1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

National Hockey League 2012-2013 Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by NewYorkIslander, Jul 1, 2012.

1. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

i'm curious over the status of Hagelin, Stepan, and McDonagh for the Rangers.

1 person likes this.
  2. gort

gort Senior member

Emery back in Philly, khabi back in Chicago.

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Surprised an offer hasn't been made elsewhere yet for these guys, unless it speaks to their loyalty to the club...that they haven't signed one. NYC is a special place to be a pro athlete, and must be great as Rangers like these guys can live lives with a fair amount of anonymity where as that may not happen in Canadian markets.

4. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

McDonagh signed. 6 years, 4.7 hit per year.

next up, lets get Stepan done.

5. gort

gort Senior member

6. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

the more I think about it, the better this looks. I bet Toronto would have thrown 10 years at $6.5-7 per at him.

the 4.7 also makes him the 30th highest paid d-man in the league. 30th. And this during a free agency period where a player like Clowe has a terrible season, gets traded, picks it up a bit at the end only to be rung by multiple concussions to end the season, and yet still picks up 5 years at $4.85.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  7. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

Ranger's Hagelin signed, two years, $2.25 per.

that's 2 out of 3 of the "big" RFA's, thankfully. Last up is Stepan.

8. gort

gort Senior member

Still anxious to see if Tim Thomas returns.

Also folks raging over Justin Bieber standing on the Hawks logo in the locker room. :D

9. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

I'm pretty sure Shero is just trying to fuck with people. In the Pens system currently:

Kenny Agostino
    Nick D'Agostino
    Matt D’Agostini

10. jarude

jarude Senior member

Kenny Agostino was one of the prospects sent to Calgary in the Iginla trade :teach:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  11. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

Nick D'Agostino played against Kenny Agostino a few times a year in college.

12. NewYorkIslander

I grew up with a guy named Gino Agostino...he never played hockey.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  13. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

i hear the Pens could use a goalie

14. gort

gort Senior member

Rask gets an 8 year deal. WTF. He's never played more than 45 games in a regular season and has had frequent groin problems every season he's dressed.

When I see deals this long I just shake my head.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  15. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

Kovalchuk - WTF???

16. gort

gort Senior member

Saw a headline, he could make up to $20 million a year back in Mother Russia.

17. gort

gort Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

:slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

2 people like this.
  18. NewYorkIslander

^^^that was awesome!

Almost as awesome as the news out of Jersey today...not only Kovy, but Elias signs a THREE YEAR DEAL at over 5 mil per! What have they done with Lou?

19. jarude

jarude Senior member

I outright lol'd at someone who told me Kovy retired today. What the hell????

20. jarude

jarude Senior member

There's this guy in rec league who started playing the game relatively later in life. He's a poor skater, but he's got a decent shot. He's also a nice guy, but has a horribly stupid and annoying habit of defense-crashing the net. Like, every single time there's a scramble in my crease or even a couple guys at the hashmarks, he'll dive behind me in some mock playoff overtime heroics display in an attempt to block the net. Its annoying as hell, because a) its pointless and b) it actually impedes my ability to hug my posts or move laterally if need be.

Anyways, tonight during warmups right after I had scratched up my crease, I had my back turned to centre ice and was fixing my gloves when this fucking guy wires a slapshot at me. What the fuck??? Did he miss the memo where not shooting a fucking slapshot at your own goalie with his back turned was a Pretty Good Idea? Luckily it bounced off the top of my hip so I still had some solid padding there, but honestly. I wanted to Roy/Hextall him. He skated by and laughingly apologized, so I had to skate him aside and let him know about the gravity of the situation. :fu: seriously...