1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

National Hockey League 2012-2013 Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by NewYorkIslander, Jul 1, 2012.

1. gort

gort Senior member

Good night sweet vokoun.

2. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

3. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

4. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

I want to say that its a pretty exclusive game. These guys have to know you to get in, is what I've heard, and to be honest, i don't really care for the type of game they play...with a ball into a garbage can. Plus, if Tim Robbins is involved forget it, he known to be a huge dick head. The goaltender on one of my roller teams used to play open ice at Chelsea and he got upset once when he was hit, cleanly by another player. He flipped out about it and called the cops, when they came he pulled the whole "you know who I am?" bullshit and tried to have the guy arrested. The guy who hit him was another city worker so the cops basically laughed him off and left.

5. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I'd think it would be all worth it if eva ammuri shows up to watch a game.

[​IMG]

6. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

i don't mean where can I play with tim robbins, but other roller leagues in the city and other boroughs.

7. Wallcloud

Wallcloud Senior member

Very excited about Hawks vs Kings tonight. Hopefully the Hawks can go full choke hold on this series with a W. I am fully expecting a Quick shutout however.

8. jarude

jarude Senior member

Nope!

Holy shit did Hjalmarsson ever take a blast off the knee. That was brutal watching him limp around on the PK... he just flopped over to block a shot and had to crawl off the ice. If he plays again tonight that'd be a shock.

9. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

I have no dog in the West semis but an ogsix cup final would be a good time

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  10. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

Pens have to win 4 of the next 5 against the B's. If last game was any indication of how they're going to play, then they're basically screwed.

And I take great satisfaction in that fact.

11. jarude

jarude Senior member

Vokoun looking great, but the Pens pretty much deserve to lose at this point. +1 on what gome said, except I don't quite take the same satisfaction in them losing because of Iggy.

I have been sucking horribly stupid bad lately in beer league, like Steve Mason levels of abysmal sucking. Had three shit nights in a row, then was out of action for a month because of work, and had my first night back tonight. It took a good 20 minutes to feel comfortable on my skates, but ugh, just a mediocre performance. Non-existent rebound control, bad positioning, and a fivehole you could drive a dump-truck through. I'm starting to understand how pro athletes have their confidence shaken and simply can't string together a 60 minute effort if their lives depended on it... I'm at the point where I'm seriously questioning my abilities as a goalie. Bad feels.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  12. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

13. jarude

jarude Senior member

That's what I get for going to the washroom during double OT.... oof. Heartbreaker for the Pens.

14. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

Wow what a game! Good job Boston!

15. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

back breaker for the Pens. 2 goals in 11 periods won't do it.

16. jarude

jarude Senior member

So does this mean Toronto is better than NYR and the Pens?

Fantastic goaltending duel tonight, they were both on fire.

17. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Give the Toronto Maple Leafs jugs of Boost, replace their sticks with white canes and make the ice in Braiile and they may improve.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  18. gort

gort Senior member

Damn Rask 53 saves. He's doing really great but not nearly as exciting to watch as Tim Thomas was during his Stanley Cup run.

19. gort

gort Senior member