• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

National Hockey League 2012-2013 Thread

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like JS Giguere's public shaming of his team paid off and they stepped up big time vs Anaheim.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
the Rangers win last night eliminated both the Sabres and Flyers from the playoff race.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So now that the Flames have traded J-Bo and Iginla and have lost Glencross and Wideman to injury, they call up seven AHLers and... start to win games. Nothing like playing your way out of a top-five pick when the season is already a lost cause. :fu: Not that I would ever hope for my team to lose; its just frustrating that they piss the season away when they have their full roster and then actually start to put out a consistent effort when they are essentially fielding an AHL team. Even so, it was nice to see the young talent playing to earn a roster spot for next year - Reinhart looks great and I'm hoping Baertschi will be a regular next season. Pretty glad that they re-signed Joey Mac, too. He beasted on the Wild tonight and has done incredibly well for a waiver pick-up.

Nice to see some vintage Kipprusoff in what may be his final few games. Great reaction from the crowd at the Saddledome... it'll be strange to not have him back next year. :(

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad Montreal carried on its spiral to give the Capitals a little cushion. These final games are huge.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Brad Richards goes silent for most of the season and the buyout talks surface.

then, right during the most important do-or-die stretch of the season, he racks up point after point. clutch, i hope he stays on it.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice to knock out the Devs yesterday. Just hope they don't dio the same to us on Saturday...would like it wrapped up by then.

Would LOVE to see Columbus make it and Gabby, Duby, Anisimov, Ericsson and Tyutin light up the Hawks...you think they can beat Detroit to that last spot? They won in the Shark Tank last night.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This shortened season is full of all sorts of WTF. The blue jackets, islanders, and maple leafs......:D

Nice to see some variety.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that the regular season is almost done, its time to look back on some of the earlier posts in this thread...

Good bye Parise. I hope he enjoys not making the playoffs while the Devils win another cup. I also hope Lou Lamoriello has something up his sleeve.

Haha, not so much...

Prediction: Oilers make the playoffs this year.

x2

Loving this deal. With Kreider emerging as the real deal (well, an NHL ready fwd), losing both Dubi and Anisimov isn't so bad. First rounder will be a late one, and Erikkson is one of many young defenseman we have in the system, not ALL of them.

I don't think "eating your words" is a strong enough phrase for how you feel about this, NYI

The only silver lining to an eventual lockout for me is that the Habs are gonna suck HARD this year! A season spent in the gym might be good for the youngsters... And a year away from the game might be good for the local fans.

Surprise!

I'm going to actively not give a **** about the NHL for a good while. I love hockey but this has really left a bad taste in my mouth... I'm wondering if the league is going to do anything for "the fans." Reparations sound ridiculous, I know, but we are the largest stakeholder group, albeit the one who wasn't the most affected. Even so... free Center Ice for the rest of the season would hold my interest.

Yeah, that lasted long

From Calgary? Edmontonian here; could be a fun season as an Oilers fan.

If you're a masochist

I was pretty surprised at how terrible Montreal was last night. I think they will have an atrocious season; I don't see anything on their roster that would make me expect greatness.

Yep, wrong as all hell, though I wouldn't be surprised with a first-round exit

Ugh Wayne Simmonds probably has one hell of a headache. Hope he's OK.

I'd be OK with an iginla trade. Flames should've gotten rid of him 5 years ago... Now even if he gets moved at the deadline, guaranteed he's a rental who resigns in Calgary.

He will never re-sign in Calgary. :(

When the Ducks got Boudreau I was neutral but he's been pretty damn good. I don't even think we are playing all the well defensively but it hasn't mattered because our offense is such an improvement. Every game a different line is scoring. Last game, we get 3 goals from the fourth line. First couple of games of the season, it was the third. Perry and Getzlaf haven't even been playing all that well. And Hiller has been pretty mediocre. Only problem is that this style of play will not go over well in the playoffs. But at least I'm not bashing my head against the wall like the last few years.

I'm sure the Flyers will wake up shortly. Kings are bizarre, they are playing similar to last year regular season when they squeaked into the playoffs. I figured their playoffs identity was their new one. Can't believe how atrociously Buffalo is playing...esp with Vanek leading the league. Poor Flames fans, same ol ****. I swear that team finds the most amazing ways to lose games early and late.

Incorrect!

I love how one of the most notorious homer announcers in Jack Edwards was practically blowing Nash on those calls. Rangers look like they're finally stabilizing, especially if they can come back from blowing a 3-0 lead in the last 10 minutes.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Ruff got the boot; maybe that team just needs a change. Their defence is abysmal this year.

Called that...

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't think "eating your words" is a strong enough phrase for how you feel about this, NYI

We'll see, think its a little early to say that...because if Nash brings a cup to the Garden, it will taste delicious. If you think thats crazy, I bet some Kings fan was thinking the same thing last year, and being told he was nvts.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

This shortened season is full of all sorts of WTF.

totally. I wonder how things would have been different if it was a full season.

I think it would be prudent for the Rangers to offer Stepan a long term contract. First Stepan, then MdZ, then Hagelin.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics