1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

National Hockey League 2012-2013 Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by NewYorkIslander, Jul 1, 2012.

1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Nice to knock out the Devs yesterday. Just hope they don't dio the same to us on Saturday...would like it wrapped up by then.

Would LOVE to see Columbus make it and Gabby, Duby, Anisimov, Ericsson and Tyutin light up the Hawks...you think they can beat Detroit to that last spot? They won in the Shark Tank last night.

2. gort

gort Senior member

This shortened season is full of all sorts of WTF. The blue jackets, islanders, and maple leafs......:D

Nice to see some variety.

3. jarude

jarude Senior member

Now that the regular season is almost done, its time to look back on some of the earlier posts in this thread...

Haha, not so much...

x2

I don't think "eating your words" is a strong enough phrase for how you feel about this, NYI

Surprise!

Yeah, that lasted long

If you're a masochist

Yep, wrong as all hell, though I wouldn't be surprised with a first-round exit

He will never re-sign in Calgary. :(

Incorrect!

Called that...

4. NewYorkIslander

We'll see, think its a little early to say that...because if Nash brings a cup to the Garden, it will taste delicious. If you think thats crazy, I bet some Kings fan was thinking the same thing last year, and being told he was nvts.

5. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

totally. I wonder how things would have been different if it was a full season.

I think it would be prudent for the Rangers to offer Stepan a long term contract. First Stepan, then MdZ, then Hagelin.

6. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

tonights Caps/Jets game has the potential to be a doozy.

7. gort

gort Senior member

Yeah and I will be at the Washington Nationals game. :fu:

Didn't know there'd be an epic playoff deciding game when I bought the tickets for my fiancée.....

8. NewYorkIslander

How NBC or NHL Net have not picked up this game is beyond me.

9. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

dear Caps:
    Please beat the Jets in regulation.

dear Rangers:
    Please beat the Panthers any way you can.

if all parties involve follow my masterful guidance, the Rangers will clinch tonight.

10. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

thanks, Rangers. You almost did it.

11. jarude

jarude Senior member

Playoffs!!! So excited, nightly doubleheaders for the next week or so. This is easily the best time of the year, though my girlfriend would disagree. Every matchup is an excellent one, too... lots of great series all around.

(1) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (8) New York Islanders

Pens in 6. Great rivalry as these two teams hate the shit out of eachother and I'm pretty sure the best part of last season was watching Johnson break DiPietro's face, lol. Will be nice to see Tavares in the playoffs but I gotta see Iggy win!

(2) Montreal Canadiens vs. (7) Ottawa Senators

Habs in 6. Anderson will be a solid roadblock for awhile but I don't see him stealing a series... Price will have a few soft games but not enough to keep the Habs from losing. Awesome regional rivalry but I'm not sure anyone outside of Quebec/Ontario will care.

(3) Washington Capitals vs. (6) New York Rangers

Caps in 7. I'm banking on Ovi + Holtby getting hot and going into playoff beast mode. Rags lose and Torts gets canned the next day, book it! Another great rivalry... these guys have seen eachother in the playoffs enough consecutive years to make each team hate eachother.

(4) Boston Bruins vs (5) Toronto Maple Leafs

Bruins in 5. Sorry Toronto, your playoff drought has effectively continued... Ottawa really fucked you when they beat the Bruins on the last day of the season, which is only fitting given the Battle of Ontario I suppose. Reimer will steal a game but otherwise the Leafs get steamrolled. Kessel disappears in a series full of truculence.

(1) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (8) Minnesota Wild

Hawks in 6. I was hoping for a first-round exit from the Hawks, but honestly, fuck the Wild. Who boos a backup goaltender with multiple sclerosis who has overcome a career of injury issues to still play in the NHL despite epic adversity? Backwoods cousin-fuckers from Minnesota, that's who. Seriously. Fuck them. Parise scores enough to win a game or two, but otherwise they get dismantled.

(2) Anaheim Ducks vs. (7) Detroit Red Wings

Ducks in 5. Howard/??? are bad, Hiller/Fasth are excellent. The rest of the rosters can't even compare evenly and Detroit gets spanked.

(3) Vancouver Canucks vs. (6) San Jose Sharks

Canucks in 6. Niemi will steal a few games but the Canucks are pissed off enough from losing in the first round last year that they deal with the Sharks handily. If Kesler awakens, Canucks in 5.

(4) St. Louis Blues vs. (5) Los Angeles Kings

Kings in 5. Brian Fucking Elliot, that's all I have to say. Sorry J-Bo, your playoff drought also effectively continues. I know Halak hasn't been anything special this year, but hopefully Hitch remembers who carried the Habs on his back to the ECF a few years back. Otherwise, the Blues get rolled easily.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  12. gort

gort Senior member

Sad Columbus didn't get in. I was hoping the Rangers wouldn't make it and Columbus would to make Nash trade lulz.

13. jarude

jarude Senior member

that would have been glorious

14. NewYorkIslander

Pens in 7 (Isles will kick the shit outta Pitt physically)
    Ottawa in 7 (They'll shock the series and Anderson will stand on his head, Karlson will break his right AND left leg, and be back by the end of the period that he injures himself in)
    Rangers in 6 (Henrik just is gonna stay too hot)
    Boston in 5 (TO will be a playoff joke)

Pens in 7 over NYR (But will be battered again)
    Boston in 5 Ottawa will be spent after the MTL series)

Boston in 7 (over Pitt, only because they are fresher, Jagr will be a beast and Iginla will be suspected of aiding the Boston Marathon bombers and be kept in interrogation every time they're in Boston)

I haven't seen much of the West, so...:
    Hawks in 5
    Ducks in 5
    Nucks in 7
    Blues in 7

Blues of Hawks in 6
    in the battle of the -ucks Ducks in 6

Blues over Ducks in 7

SCF
    St Louis gets Bobby Orr revenge and wins in OT in game 6 with a Pietrangelo goal as he's tripped up in the slot to win the Cup. You heard it here first.

15. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

Let the games begin! Good luck all.

16. jarude

jarude Senior member

I now want Minny to win, only because of Harding. Here's hoping for a good news playoff story.

L-O-L blues giving up a stinker with 30 seconds left after 59:30 of domination. Brian fucking Elliot, like I said.

17. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Same here. Also Columbus making it would mean the Minnesota Parisuters missed the playoffs, too.

18. jarude

jarude Senior member

LOL, Jonathan fucking quick more like it. Wow. As soon as I saw the double minor I thought LA had it in the bag... Not so. Quick will have nightmares about that one for awhile.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  19. NewYorkIslander

That was Quick.

1 person likes this.
  20. gort

gort Senior member

Harding had a great performance last night.