1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

National Hockey League 2012-2013 Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by NewYorkIslander, Jul 1, 2012.

1. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

this season does not exist.

2. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

When the Ducks got Boudreau I was neutral but he's been pretty damn good. I don't even think we are playing all the well defensively but it hasn't mattered because our offense is such an improvement. Every game a different line is scoring. Last game, we get 3 goals from the fourth line. First couple of games of the season, it was the third. Perry and Getzlaf haven't even been playing all that well. And Hiller has been pretty mediocre. Only problem is that this style of play will not go over well in the playoffs. But at least I'm not bashing my head against the wall like the last few years.

I'm sure the Flyers will wake up shortly. Kings are bizarre, they are playing similar to last year regular season when they squeaked into the playoffs. I figured their playoffs identity was their new one. Can't believe how atrociously Buffalo is playing...esp with Vanek leading the league. Poor Flames fans, same ol shit. I swear that team finds the most amazing ways to lose games early and late.

3. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

major ugh. The D has been really weak, and Miller hasn't been particularly sharp either.

Vanek is just a beast though. His knack for putting the puck in the pack of the net is just crazy.

4. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

Yeah, it's surprising esp since they had all those expectations last year and sucked. I figured they'd get it together this year with everyone forgetting about them. On paper the D looks good and Miller is usually solid. No question Myers is regressing and it seems like the rest of the forward lines are doing nothing. Is it the second line that has a crappy +/- ?

5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Rupp to Min for Powe and Palmieri. Miller called up from the Whale, along with a tough guy. Home sick, so I'll enjoy watching the Devil game tonight.

6. jarude

jarude Senior member

Just got tickets for my birthday and watched the flames whip the wings! Great game, Calgary ran roughshod over Detroit for the full 60. Pics to come...

7. sonick

sonick Senior member

Hah Timmy Thomas traded to NYI.

8. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Ha, I just came here to post that. Hilarious. Tim Thomas is the first cap floor trade.

9. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Great example of why you shouldn't hold your glove that high...

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

10. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

any chance TT will eventually play for the Isles?

11. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Even our announcers are tough in this sport: [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

12. gort

gort Senior member

no

13. jarude

jarude Senior member

At least he won't need to make any White House visits if he does :laugh:

1 person likes this.
  14. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

15. jarude

jarude Senior member

16. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

Nash has had a string of 3-4 really strong games. Great stick skills for such a big guy.

Rangers almost blew it last night. Yikes.

also, predictions for the next GM/coach move? Sabres.

17. jarude

jarude Senior member

I love how one of the most notorious homer announcers in Jack Edwards was practically blowing Nash on those calls. Rangers look like they're finally stabilizing, especially if they can come back from blowing a 3-0 lead in the last 10 minutes.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Ruff got the boot; maybe that team just needs a change. Their defence is abysmal this year.

18. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

I think breaking apart the Gaborik-Richards-Nash line was a good idea. They weren't meshing particularly well, and Nash and Hagelin are both getting a lot of points from each other. The third line of Callahan-Kreider-Miller is also looking good despite the (really) young pair on that line. Callahan is basically the anchor there.

I'm surprised by the fourth line too. Halpern skates like hell in all situations and makes a lot of important non-goal plays. Asham is more skilled than I would have thought too, I just saw him as a nasty fighter, but he's got a very quick shot, good hands, and he has made some smart hockey plays. Torts typically runs 3 lines, but the 4 is getting more and more play as of late.

19. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

That Nash shootout goal was insane.:slayer:

20. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

oof. Karlsson out long term.