• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Natazzi suit quality vs. Vestimenta suit

CaliGent

Reaction score
I have a choice between a Vestimenta and a Natazzi suit. they are about the same price with the Natazzi being just a bit better in price. Which one is better in quality? Does anyone know anything about Natazzi? It boasts working sleeve buttons, cashmere, and pick stitching whereas the Vestimenta has 3% elastane in it. Am I safe with the Natazzi for a starter suit?

StopPolloition

Reaction score
I have not seen the Natazzi in person, but the eBay market is flooded with them and other Italian sounding brands. Some of these Italian sounding brands are probably actually made in Italy, but as far as I can tell, not really the artisan brands. I had bought an "Italian" suit from eBay many years ago before I knew better, going off the suggested retail price that was in the thousands and seeing the Buy It Now price at like 300 thinking it was going to be a real steal. My guess was that it was finished in Italy with just enough percentage of the work done in Italy to legally be classified as made in Italy. I wasn't too impressed, but maybe someone that has bought the Natazzi label could chime in. The eBay ads say that they are full canvas, but I'm not sure the eBay seller really even knows what it means. That or eBay sellers are misleading customers who chances are won't know the difference either.

That said, just because the fabric says cashmere doesn't mean it is necessarily a nice fabric. I've seen Lauren by Ralph Lauren entry level suits for 200 dollars at S&K and K&G that had cashmere in the blend, and the fabrics were unremarkable in every way. Also, what is the point of having working button holes in a suit before the sleeve length is adjusted to you? Everybody has different arm lengths, and the fact that it already has working buttonholes put in is a minus, not a plus, if you ask me, because it's now impossible for you to lengthen or shorten the sleeves without something looking very off.

CaliGent

Reaction score
Thanks for your imput. I think you are right about the ebay seller not knowing what canvassing is. I think I may look at the Vestimenta. At least is has some history.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
:spam:

Always love the first time posters swooping in to respond to an inquiry about a shady brand.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40