• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Napoli su Misura Interview - Part II

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ciao, Totolino85. I have been to Torino quite a few times to visit the family. I'm familiar with the fact that Torino is home to FIAT and a bit more conservative than the southern regions. I shopped at Jack Emerson and Olympic -- so I know that the Torinese style could be quite stiff. Not as many tourists get to Torino as other parts of the country, so I'm glad that I was able to see it through the eyes of a native. It's fun to be treated to the sights, tastes and sounds of a city with someone who is familiar with them.

Thanks for bringing up some fond memories for me today!

Kei-bon

Reaction score
Rough translation of the callouts in the Men's Ex photos above:

"Firenze: Has a roundness and creates an elegant impression."

"Milano: An architectural suit with a solid shoulder."

"Napoli: A suit full of flavor, that gives a feeling of lightness and polish."

"Roma: A restrained style, born in the political capital."

Last edited:

totolino85

Reaction score
Ciao, Totolino85. I have been to Torino quite a few times to visit the family. I'm familiar with the fact that Torino is home to FIAT and a bit more conservative than the southern regions. I shopped at Jack Emerson and Olympic -- so I know that the Torinese style could be quite stiff. Not as many tourists get to Torino as other parts of the country, so I'm glad that I was able to see it through the eyes of a native. It's fun to be treated to the sights, tastes and sounds of a city with someone who is familiar with them.

Thanks for bringing up some fond memories for me today!

hehehe glad I did and happy you enjoyed the city I love so much :)

Actually you mentioned 2 of the 4 shops I usually go when I don't buy online(which is most of the time).. luckly lately with the winter 2006 olympics It became a tourist city aswell , lot of the merit is to be given to that but also to Eataly and Slow Food and all this quality food movement that has in Torino the capital of italy nowdays (it really is the best place right now in the cowntry to eat quality food probably).

I swear I don't work in a tourism office but I really recommend you guys to come to visit even just for a weekend if you have in mind a trip to Italy ,expecially to those of you who probably already saw Florence Rome and Venice might be a good weekend trip to make!

anyway enough offtopic!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads