• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naples Tailors - seeking any experience or advice ?

hijones5

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I am off to naples for my first time later this year and i would really love to either get something made or pick something up off the rack. I was just seeking advice from you experienced men out there, to where the best tailors are in naples and especially the hidden secrets (i.e the elderly gentleman, that isn't that well known that has been applying his trade for years and to perfection).

I would really love to get a suit of good value, in that I'm not paying for a huge mark up of brand name such as rubinacci, but rather paying for the blood, sweat and tears the tailor puts into the garment.

I would really appreciate an feedback and look forward to hearing from your experiences!!!!

dfoverdx

Reaction score
There is a large number of tailors in Naples, prices starting from EUR 800 excluding cloth. However for majority of tailors prices are around EUR 1500-2500. To name some, Solito, Panico, Volpe, Pirozzi (Nunzio), Formosa, Petrosino, Cerrato (only pants), Ambrosi (only pants) that i had experience. But there's also Mimmo Pirozzi, Dalcuore, Zizolfi, Caliendo etc.

Going to tailor and making bespoke suits is not a one-shot thing. Frankly any of the above tailor can make a great or ****** work for the first suit. The important thing for the first suit is your relation with the tailor and how well he understands your body and cut your suit accordingly. So if you are planning to get just one bespoke suit from Naples and will never be back you can pick any of them.

hijones5

Reaction score
thank you very much, very helpful!!!. Is there any ready to wear places in naples or is it mostly or bespoke tailoring? I would be willing to take a risk on a lesser known tailor if i could get something for less than $1000 euros.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gajola Napoli, De Petrillo, Ga.bo, Isaia (higher price tag) are neapolitan RTW operations under 1000€/suit. Not sure if all are fully canvassed, but have a look at their websites, sure they have a shop/showroom in Naples. Other RTW like Attolini or Kiton are well above your budget and in mi opinion not worthy if you can go the traditional way in Naples.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There is a large number of tailors in Naples, prices starting from EUR 800 excluding cloth. However for majority of tailors prices are around EUR 1500-2500. To name some, Solito, Panico, Volpe, Pirozzi (Nunzio), Formosa, Petrosino, Cerrato (only pants), Ambrosi (only pants) that i had experience. But there's also Mimmo Pirozzi, Dalcuore, Zizolfi, Caliendo etc.

Going to tailor and making bespoke suits is not a one-shot thing. Frankly any of the above tailor can make a great or ****** work for the first suit. The important thing for the first suit is your relation with the tailor and how well he understands your body and cut your suit accordingly. So if you are planning to get just one bespoke suit from Naples and will never be back you can pick any of them.

+1
Essential to build such a relationship with your chosen tailor, not simply buying something to take home as a trinket.

1994sec311

Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation to the OP, and the quoted post below makes very good sense to me.

What I'm wondering is how you can determine how well you get on with the particular tailor, whether he understands the style you want (and your scheduling). I agree that after talking with someone for 10-15 minutes you can understand that, but how socially acceptable is it to leave without buying something at that point? I understand that since both the OP and I don't live in Naples we shouldn't be too concerned with having anyone annoyed with us, but I know myself and....

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm in a similar situation to the OP, and the quoted post below makes very good sense to me.

What I'm wondering is how you can determine how well you get on with the particular tailor, whether he understands the style you want (and your scheduling).  I agree that after talking with someone for 10-15 minutes you can understand that, but how socially acceptable is it to leave without buying something at that point?  I understand that since both the OP and I don't live in Naples we shouldn't be too concerned with having anyone annoyed with us, but I know myself and....

If it doesn't feel right, it doesn't feel right. But I would not visit tailors in Naples (or anywhere) just to window shop. Go with the serious intention to start an order, but don't feel pressured if you don't feel like it will go well.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I agree, I think you should go with a serious intention to order, but you shouldn't feel obligated to buy if you're not interested in the end. Visiting a tailor is a bit different from just browsing at a store -- you're sitting down with someone and directly discussing the possibilities of an order. I don't think it's rude to say you'll think about it at the end, but it's not terribly polite to go if you weren't interested in the first place.

There's a comment up thread about how any of these tailors can make a good or bad suit on the first commission, and you should aim for the long haul. We can quibble about whether ordering a single suit from a tailor is a bad idea (I don't think it is), but certainly -- if the first commission is bad, I don't think you should go back. That's just throwing good money after bad. A tailor who makes you a bad suit on the first commission is unlikely to turn out masterpieces on the third or fourth try.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads