1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

names we dislike

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by matadorpoeta, Aug 12, 2007.

1. alexei

alexei Senior member

your mother's name is ee-vet-ah. please don't say 'uh'. and ya-vet-uh is not less correct, it's completely incorrect.
    Yes, -ah is how it's pronounced, but since it's not the stressed syllable, -uh was close enough in type for me to get the meaning across. Sorry, I didn't use the correct pronunciation key. I was pointing out the long e sound as the issue. You're the best.

And actually if I pronounce my mother's name incorrectly, I'm not concerned. Maybe it's a sign of my contempt for her (but, alas that's a thread that belongs elsewhere).

2. eg1

eg1 Senior member

Gavin, Ian, Colin, and all those other "OH HAI BROZ MY DADZ THE SOCCER COACH" names. Fuck you.

Stay out of Ireland then, and save yourself a shit-kicking ... [​IMG]

3. eg1

eg1 Senior member

Oh, and I despise those English names that are of indeterminate gender.

Not to mention ridiculous spelling variants, the provenance of which I presume are illiterate parents.