• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Name three underrepresented musical artists you wish anyone with a heartbeat should just sit/shut up

ikemen

Reaction score
no further ado and further to my previous thread, damn, this isnt really hard at all. 1. Melody Gardot 2. Raul Midon 3. Prefuse 73 well, you can choose to include a video or two, even a short introduction, but i prefer to let the music speaks first. i personally prefer musical artists still alive, but anything goes if you think he/she's worth it. now, who would you plug?

cahlersmeyer

Reaction score
Alright, I'll bite...

Let the judging of my music tastes begin:

1) MXWL - He put out a great (possibly heresy?) dubstep remix of Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles.
2) MiMOSA - Another great dubstep artist.
3) GLITCHDICK

ikemen

Reaction score

Alright, I'll bite...
Let the judging of my music tastes begin:
1) MXWL - He put out a great (possibly heresy?) dubstep remix of Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles.
2) MiMOSA - Another great dubstep artist.
3) GLITCHDICK

nice, what are some of the classic dubstep artists/albums i should look out for?

cahlersmeyer

Reaction score

nice, what are some of the classic dubstep artists/albums i should look out for?

As far as "classics"/people you really should know if you're going to listen to Dubstep...

Skrillex - "scary monsters and nice sprites"... my guess is you've heard it but didnt know it lol
Deadmau5 - been around for awhile, the full 10min mix of "strobe" is excellent, especially when the beat drops at 6:40ish
Rusko - came up by remixing top 40 songs on youtube, good stuff
Steve Aokii
Avicii - my all time favorite, he does dubstep, electro, house, trance, everything. and he does them all equally well... my favorite is "levels"...

David Guetta is a sell out that steals other people's samples, but he has some good stuff from time to time... the dubstep thread has some great stuff too, though, lesser known artists.

ikemen

Reaction score

As far as "classics"/people you really should know if you're going to listen to Dubstep...
Skrillex - "scary monsters and nice sprites"... my guess is you've heard it but didnt know it lol
Deadmau5 - been around for awhile, the full 10min mix of "strobe" is excellent, especially when the beat drops at 6:40ish
Rusko - came up by remixing top 40 songs on youtube, good stuff
Steve Aokii
Avicii - my all time favorite, he does dubstep, electro, house, trance, everything. and he does them all equally well... my favorite is "levels"...
David Guetta is a sell out that steals other people's samples, but he has some good stuff from time to time... the dubstep thread has some great stuff too, though, lesser known artists.

thanks for some of the sharing! not that this is exactly related to dubstep, but this eric lau guy from london seems pretty cool
ericlaumusic dot com

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like topics like this.

I've been pluggin' this band for 25 years; look how far it's taken them :(

Chameleons

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Wire

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

I'd offer up the Graham Bond Organisation, but Bond died almost 40 years ago. So, something contemporary: Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats, a band someone on SF turned me onto.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads