Name three underrepresented musical artists you wish anyone with a heartbeat should just sit/shut up

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ikemen, Jan 25, 2012.

1. ikemen

ikemen Well-Known Member

no further ado and further to my previous thread, damn, this isnt really hard at all. 1. Melody Gardot 2. Raul Midon 3. Prefuse 73 well, you can choose to include a video or two, even a short introduction, but i prefer to let the music speaks first. i personally prefer musical artists still alive, but anything goes if you think he/she's worth it. now, who would you plug?

2. cahlersmeyer

cahlersmeyer Senior member

Alright, I'll bite...

Let the judging of my music tastes begin:

1) MXWL - He put out a great (possibly heresy?) dubstep remix of Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles.
    2) MiMOSA - Another great dubstep artist.
    3) GLITCHDICK

3. ikemen

ikemen Well-Known Member

nice, what are some of the classic dubstep artists/albums i should look out for?

4. cahlersmeyer

cahlersmeyer Senior member

As far as "classics"/people you really should know if you're going to listen to Dubstep...

Skrillex - "scary monsters and nice sprites"... my guess is you've heard it but didnt know it lol
    Deadmau5 - been around for awhile, the full 10min mix of "strobe" is excellent, especially when the beat drops at 6:40ish
    Rusko - came up by remixing top 40 songs on youtube, good stuff
    Steve Aokii
    Avicii - my all time favorite, he does dubstep, electro, house, trance, everything. and he does them all equally well... my favorite is "levels"...

David Guetta is a sell out that steals other people's samples, but he has some good stuff from time to time... the dubstep thread has some great stuff too, though, lesser known artists.

5. ikemen

ikemen Well-Known Member

thanks for some of the sharing! not that this is exactly related to dubstep, but this eric lau guy from london seems pretty cool
    ericlaumusic dot com

6. curzon

curzon Senior member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti
    I like topics like this.

I've been pluggin' this band for 25 years; look how far it's taken them :(

Chameleons

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Wire

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

I'd offer up the Graham Bond Organisation, but Bond died almost 40 years ago. So, something contemporary: Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats, a band someone on SF turned me onto.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]