1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

i flip up the hem on all my indigos to reduce the bleed, but even if you do a full cuff i still think they'll bleed through, the bleed looks awesome on my beeswax desert boots though

2. Ordense

Ordense Well-Known Member

This all reminds me that someone should point the construction and the patch issues to that Brendon guy. If he isn't reading this post, i'm pretty sure a few guys here regularly exchange emails with him and can make him aware of the fact there's a good number of customers, who happen to be denim enthusiast as well, that are really negatively impressed by that.

It's not a matter of investing more money in hardware, i think, it's just about correscting a few production woes by improving workmanship.

The patches are ok, and the thread too, the way they are stitched on sucks big balls, though. Same thing applies to seams, apparently

3. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

i flip up the hem on all my indigos to reduce the bleed, but even if you do a full cuff i still think they'll bleed through, the bleed looks awesome on my beeswax desert boots though

even when i cuffed it, still bleed on my shoes.

surprising, but I just let it go.

4. Lokesh

Lokesh Senior member

Yeah my patch on the organic indigo jeans are not coming off, but rather breaking off. It sucks.

5. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Will the jeans only tend to bleed when the denim is wet? Does it just bleed at random times? Or will it just about always bleed?

6. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Will the jeans only tend to bleed when the denim is wet? Does it just bleed at random times? Or will it just about always bleed?

Here's the deal: The denim is unwashed and dyed with indigo. The jeans will tend to bleed against anything that they rub against for a prolonged period of time. If you have a light colored belt on, the inside of the belt will probably turn blue. If you have white sneakers, or even light-colored suede shoes, after prolonged time, the denim will bleed onto them a bit.

I suggest cuffing the jeans, and spraying some kind of suede, leather, or sneaker protector onto your shoes.

They will bleed much, much, more if they get wet.

There's no definition about how much they will bleed or how to avoid it. It will just end up being common sense.

7. Lokesh

Lokesh Senior member

I assume it bleeds mainly when its wet... I've not had any bleeding at all in the month and a half I've had my jeans. Been wearing them every single day with light colored shoes and not a single mark... Maybe its because my jeans are the organic natural indigo. Maybe thats harder to fade and so the indigo sticks harder? I dunno. All I know is I've not had any signs of bleed at all.

8. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Yeah my patch on the organic indigo jeans are not coming off, but rather breaking off. It sucks.

Is the stitching breaking, or the actual leather itself coming apart?

9. commodorewheeler

They don't bleed at random times, they bleed whenever there is friction applied to them. I would expect them to bleed more when wet, but they'll still bleed when they're dry, too.

10. Lokesh

Lokesh Senior member

Is the stitching breaking, or the actual leather itself coming apart?

The stitching seems to be fine but the leather is breaking off. The leather looks really dry and stiff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. commodorewheeler

I assume it bleeds mainly when its wet... I've not had any bleeding at all in the month and a half I've had my jeans. Been wearing them every single day with light colored shoes and not a single mark... Maybe its because my jeans are the organic natural indigo. Maybe thats harder to fade and so the indigo sticks harder? I dunno. All I know is I've not had any signs of bleed at all.

Natural indigo stays on denim better than artificial indigo does, but if there is any excess dye, such as on natural indigo jeans that start out really dark, it will bleed as well. With the lighter color on your jeans, there probably isn't much excess dye, so that's probably the main reason why you haven't had any bleeding yet.

12. commodorewheeler

The stitching seems to be fine but the leather is breaking off. The leather looks really dry and stiff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can't see the pics on the computer I'm on, but did you get the patch wet before?

Either way, I'm guessing that Obenauf's LP will help prevent further damage to the patch.

13. Lokesh

Lokesh Senior member

Can't see the pics on the computer I'm on, but did you get the patch wet before?

Either way, I'm guessing that Obenauf's LP will help prevent further damage to the patch.

Never wet it before no. And yeah I figured Obenauf's would be good for this but I wish I had thought of that before these edges came off my patch... Also I'm trying to find Obenauf's at a local brick and mortar so I don't have to pay the shipping which is kinda high. Still looking and no luck though.

14. meso

meso Senior member

Obenauf's would be good, or mink oil. Your local shoe store should have it or something similar. Even my local family store that mainly sells truly junk shoes has a bunch of it, plus brushes, polish, etc.

15. Psydelik

Psydelik Senior member

Has anyone experience pulling/slight tearing on the seams at the fly? I went tts on my skinny guy's and they really aren't all that tight, but they still are pulling at the fly. It's not really a big deal, because I can always cover it up, it's just slightly strange seeing as how it's never happened with my raw jeans in the past.

16. commodorewheeler

Has anyone experience pulling/slight tearing on the seams at the fly? I went tts on my skinny guy's and they really aren't all that tight, but they still are pulling at the fly. It's not really a big deal, because I can always cover it up, it's just slightly strange seeing as how it's never happened with my raw jeans in the past.
    I've had the stitching break near the fly for seemingly no reason at all before. N&F, for all of the cool denim ideas they have had in their jeans, isn't exactly known for durability of construction compared to other similar raw selvage denim brands.

17. chineseboy

chineseboy Well-Known Member

So I have a small waist but big thighs. I picked up a pair of broken twill slim guys in 30, since I heard they can stretch. I'm usually a 32. The thighs are skin tight, like they're painted on, and there's no slack whatsoever. I'm stretching the jeans just while standing. I've had bad experiences with ass sag when my I buy 32 and they stretch. I've never bought anything this tight. I can just barely do up the top button (very uncomfortable), and I don't think I can actually do up the 2nd top button (I gave up trying). I tried 29s and I literally could not physically pull them up past my thighs. Should I keep these?

Also, does trhe elephant skin stretch any less than the broken twills? If so lll get those in a 31. Thanks!

18. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

So I have a small waist but big thighs. I picked up a pair of broken twill slim guys in 30, since I heard they can stretch. I'm usually a 32. The thighs are skin tight, like they're painted on, and there's no slack whatsoever. I'm stretching the jeans just while standing. I've had bad experiences with ass sag when my I buy 32 and they stretch. I've never bought anything this tight. I can just barely do up the top button (very uncomfortable), and I don't think I can actually do up the 2nd top button (I gave up trying). I tried 29s and I literally could not physically pull them up past my thighs. Should I keep these?

Also, does trhe elephant skin stretch any less than the broken twills? If so lll get those in a 31. Thanks!

it should stretch about an 1" inch in the waist and some in the ass.

even my 24oz after about 2 months, stretch 1 inch in the waist, its a little big now.

19. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Yes you should stick with the 30...they will stretch.

In that regard should I go TTS in Skinny (32)? They fit fine, not too tight in the legs but I'm worried how they will look when they stretch out. I tried the 31 and I could not button them...though I didnt try getting them on for too long as I was in a hurry.

20. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

Yes you should stick with the 30...they will stretch.

In that regard should I go TTS in Skinny (32)? They fit fine, not too tight in the legs but I'm worried how they will look when they stretch out. I tried the 31 and I could not button them...though I didnt try getting them on for too long as I was in a hurry.

if you go down 1 inch from your actual waist size, i say your fairly safe.
    skinny tts, i have heard works for many people.