Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Left hand twills were ok. Looks like the natural indigo would fade, as would the cowboy.

2. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

I have the LHT's weird guys and like them a lot. They are tough to fade initially but will fade in time. I figure at least 3 months of constant wear will reveal fades. I'm 1.5 yrs into mine and they're nicely faded. I wear them on weekends only now Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

3. StrangeJeremy

StrangeJeremy Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

The LHT produces spectacular fades - also the Chrismukkah release from this year is showing a lot of potential (I bought a single pair for myself - should have stocked them).

4. ClassySOB

ClassySOB Member

I'm not really chasing fades,I chose N&F for their color selection.
    My latest pair are the rusted blue selvedge and I really hope there is a more aggressive taper compared to UB.

5. otacon

otacon Senior member

I've been hunting for a pair of red cores for months. I managed to miss the Frank & Oak collab edition of them, somehow. Anyone have any leads? Size range is 29-31.

6. motojobobo

motojobobo Well-Known Member

Today I went through 3 security checks at different airports (Chicago, Miami, Panama) while wearing my new Elephant 5s. The leather tag at the back of the N&Fs is so thick and dense that it triggered an extra pat-down every time from TSA staff. Every time they thought I had a wallet in my back pocket!
    Don't wear these for air travel if you get impatient at security checks.
    These are my first pair of N&F and I'm VERY happy with them. They fit me perfectly from the outset. Got them at Mild Blend Supply. Staff at MBS were excellent at guiding me through choices. First class service.

7. bogg81

bogg81 Member

Hey guys,

I need a piece of advise. I'm about to start my selvedge denim adventure, and I would like to start it with a pair of N&F jeans. Right now I can't decide between Left Hand Twill and Elephant 2 (both in weird guy fit).

Left Hand Twill jeans weight around 14oz, and sounds like a safe choice for a first pair, especially because of spring-summer time part of a year. However, super heavyweight denim sounds very tempting. I'll have to order on line, and I don't have opportunity to try either pair before I make a purchase.

Does anyone have experience regarding wearing 22oz denim during summertime? In my country, temperature goes easily beyond 90 degrees, with relatively high humidity. Idea of super heavyweight jeans sounds ridiculous, but rational thinking was never my style :D

Thanks!

8. skriefal

skriefal Senior member

If you didn't have the high humidity then the 22oz heavyweights would probably be fine. But you do, so... I have to recommend going with the 14s.

9. bogg81

bogg81 Member

Thanks Skriefal :)

I'll try LHT now, and will postpone super heavyweight denim for autumn!

10. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

I like N&F for their interesting offerings most seasons, but find the leather label on the back *super* tacky. I've taken it off all of my pairs. I have a silk blend from a few years back, a smoke-grey pair, and another I forget.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017

11. edmundrz

edmundrz Active Member

I live near Hong Kong and I try and only get superlight jeans. I have some 9 oz. superlights that are wonderful for summer pants. Very little starch, looser weave. Even 12oz. I feel is way, way too thick for summer.

12. halisray

halisray Senior member

I just visited HK, wearing my N&F WG's and I almost died lol.

13. thams

thams Senior member

New Kaiju Monsters in weird guy worn for about a week now. The fit is a fair amount baggier on my pair than the Blue Owl measurements indicated they should be. Slightly loose and very comfortable. Hopefully they don't stretch out much more. I'm expecting good things in four or five months.
    IMG_6483.jpg

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017