• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

atran1128

Reaction score
Anybody here own the Doubleface Vintage crew neck or the French Terry crew neck? I am new to this brand so I was just wondering if these pieces were warm, comfortable since I live in New England

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone pre-ordering the elephant 5 denim jacket? ~$200 for a 20 oz, well fitting jacket in a decent looking denim is a pretty good deal IMO, even though I'm pretty over the type III model. I tried on another N&F jacket and do think they are one of the few brands that actually gets the sleeves right, largely due to their taper. Blousy sleeves don't work when raw IMO, and I don't feel like dealing with them for the months it would take to break them in. Just wish it came in black.

AwesomeCawesome

Reaction score
Hey, guys. Just got a pair of Weird Guy in organic dark indigo. Should I soak them before wearing or nah? Thanks.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey, guys. Just got a pair of Weird Guy in organic dark indigo. Should I soak them before wearing or nah? Thanks.
If you pre soak it'll soften them a bit if thats what you want . if they are unsanforized def pre soak

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I soak all of my jeans, but it's a personal preference. A lot of guys soak their denim to get that extra starch out and to get the shrinkage out but some do not.

reload2tall

Reaction score
This happened to a pair of my N&F regular guy jeans while I was working. I question the quality as others have stated in this forum(I actually made this account to warn people.)

Cheers!

JasonYeckel

Reaction score
@reload2tall pretty sure someone with some tailor skills can fix that up.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This happened to a pair of my N&F regular guy jeans while I was working. I question the quality as others have stated in this forum(I actually made this account to warn people.)

Cheers!
What were you doing exactly that caused them to rip like that? Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
Can someone comment on how the power stretch in super skinny guy fits? I am thinking specifically in comparison to Saint Laurent Paris' D02 skinny fit (15 or 15.5cm leg opening, I forget).

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What were you doing exactly that caused them to rip like that?

My guess would be had the hem under his foot when pulling them up by the waistband...

I actually just gave this brand another shot.. I sized up 1 into a 33 Weird guy for more thigh/crotch, top block much more comfortable, knee/hem could be smaller but I knew this. Will see how to wear with boots before tapering. Their new fit also may be of interest.

Bought at Tate & Yoko, love dealing in Canada and getting something in 2 days.

Brand new classic Black selvage on today...

johnnykicks

Reaction score
What cut would be the most similar to Levi's 511 you guys think? I'm looking at stepping into the world of higher brand denim and Japanese raw denim and like all the diff options N&F offer plus the price range is affordable compared to other brands out there. My main dislike of the Levis slim cut jeans is the wide leg opening that sits weird atop your shoes and boots. Also with them being not 100 cotton and washed you really cant cuff them right. I'm 6'3 so in seam for me is usually a 34 which gives me enough length to pinroll the bottom if im wearing low cut sneakers. I'd like to get a pair that have a medium rise but also a snug fit and a strong taper with a very small leg opening so I can just cuff the bottom and not worry about them looking bad when I'm wearing my boots. All the pairs I have looked at online seem to have a 15 inch leg opening which they consider small but my 511 are 14.5 and I always thought that was way too big and open.

turbospartan

Reaction score
What cut would be the most similar to Levi's 511 you guys think? I'm looking at stepping into the world of higher brand denim and Japanese raw denim and like all the diff options N&F offer plus the price range is affordable compared to other brands out there. My main dislike of the Levis slim cut jeans is the wide leg opening that sits weird atop your shoes and boots. Also with them being not 100 cotton and washed you really cant cuff them right. I'm 6'3 so in seam for me is usually a 34 which gives me enough length to pinroll the bottom if im wearing low cut sneakers. I'd like to get a pair that have a medium rise but also a snug fit and a strong taper with a very small leg opening so I can just cuff the bottom and not worry about them looking bad when I'm wearing my boots. All the pairs I have looked at online seem to have a 15 inch leg opening which they consider small but my 511 are 14.5 and I always thought that was way too big and open.

Probably the Skinny Guy?

hoxuantu

Reaction score
I wear Levi's 501 size 29, which sizes of N&F slim and wierd guy should i buy ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads