• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Naked and famous denim

Jdub6

Reaction score
That slim guy fit is what I would consider perfect. I've been debating that or waiting for regular fits to become available. Very nice.

Hirsh

Distinguished Member
Timed Out
Reaction score

Just got the sized 31's today (1 size larger). Thighs are much better, waist is slightly loose though. Good call on the jeans, I think overall I will enjoy wearing these more. They feel less like spandex.
They look great - by the time they've shrunk a bit they'll be a perfect fit:) Great colour, great choice.. These are Not too big - tight skinny jeans on skinny guys are the most unflattering thing ever!

Jdub6

Reaction score
They look great - by the time they've shrunk a bit they'll be a perfect fit:)

Great colour, great choice..

These are Not too big - tight skinny jeans on skinny guys are the most unflattering thing ever!
I'm still trying to get a guage on fit after washing any raw sanforized denim. I've only started wearing some Gustins (first raw denim) and I'm hoping skrinkage is minimal and would expect the same with these considering their probably the same damn selvedge no? I'm hoping the measurements are fairly accurate for these N & F as they are for Gustin?

Hirsh

Distinguished Member
Timed Out
Reaction score

I'm still trying to get a guage on fit after washing any raw sanforized denim. I've only started wearing some Gustins (first raw denim) and I'm hoping skrinkage is minimal and would expect the same with these considering their probably the same damn selvedge no? I'm hoping the measurements are fairly accurate for these N & F as they are for Gustin?

I've never worn Gustin so can't help - sorry - but N and F can shrink up to 3%

I love those on you - they're not too big, they're very flattering!

Any pics of the Gustins?:)

bklounge

Reaction score
If those are a bit loose now, they'll be parachute pants in a month. The waist will stretch at least an inch. And will stretch out again after shrinking from washing. The 30 fit was on point - and didn't look tight at all imo.
Just got the sized 31's today (1 size larger). Thighs are much better, waist is slightly loose though. Good call on the jeans, I think overall I will enjoy wearing these more. They feel less like spandex.

Hirsh

Distinguished Member
Timed Out
Reaction score

If those are a bit loose now, they'll be parachute pants in a month. The waist will stretch at least an inch. And will stretch out again after shrinking from washing.

The 30 fit was on point - and didn't look tight at all imo.

This depends on the denim - my cashmere stretch have shrunk, but my Super Slub and my Glow in the Dark pairs haven't..:)

Ferox

Reaction score
I managed to accumulate a huge amount of referral credit so I was considering jumping the gun on this: http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/chapter/product/1035786653-naked-famous-denim-jacket but can't find a similar jacket from N&F anywhere. The buttons look different from every other N&F jacket I have seen (silver and hollowed out centers). Would this be an off-brand jacket?

Also, I've been wearing SSG LHTs for about 5 months now (1 soak at 3 months) with almost daily wear and, while I have contrast with honey combs and whiskers, I have yet to see any thigh fading. How long does thigh fading typically take? I plan to post pics soon.

Last edited:

J BAILEY

Reaction score
I managed to accumulate a huge amount of referral credit so I was considering jumping the gun on this: http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/chapter/product/1035786653-naked-famous-denim-jacket but can't find a similar jacket from N&F anywhere. The buttons look different from every other N&F jacket I have seen (silver and hollowed out centers). Would this be an off-brand jacket?

Also, I've been wearing SSG LHTs for about 5 months now (1 soak at 3 months) with almost daily wear and, while I have contrast with honey combs and whiskers, I have yet to see any thigh fading. How long does thigh fading typically take? I plan to post pics soon.
a lot of the N&F jeans that Gilt sells are produced specifically for them. i haven't heard if the same goes for the jackets, but it wouldn't surprise me, especially if you can't match the details on that one to any of the regular models. could still be worth getting, though: usually the only difference is a lack of selvedge, which not all of the mainline jackets have anyways.

(and FWIW, thigh fades always take the longest to develop for me. exact time frame depends on the denim - they didn't really start to appear on my greencast WGs until 8 months or so of ~5 days/week wear.)

Ferox

Reaction score
Quote: So yeah, N&F x Gilt Exclusive Edition. I am considering it though, given that it'd cost me about $26.

Last edited:

Hirsh

Distinguished Member
Timed Out
Reaction score

I managed to accumulate a huge amount of referral credit so I was considering jumping the gun on this: http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/chapter/product/1035786653-naked-famous-denim-jacket but can't find a similar jacket from N&F anywhere. The buttons look different from every other N&F jacket I have seen (silver and hollowed out centers). Would this be an off-brand jacket?

I can't wait to see your fit pics!!!:)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.