1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  2. Matty123

Matty123 Senior member

3. Metallica

Metallica Member

Super Skinny Guy Left hand Twill 13.75 oz

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  4. akjc

akjc Well-Known Member

I've bought many pairs of NF Skinny Guy and Weird Guys over the years. Their denim quality is best you can buy for the price. The construction is very solid, I've never had a crotch blow out or anything. But Very few of their jeans actually fade well when compared to the fading properties of APC jeans if you care about fades. The Deep Indigos that I wore for 6-8 months showed the most potential.

Their fits are sub par to me and never really fit properly. The WGs have a really awkward rise that ride up your jingle bells when you wear them at the normal waist area of your other jeans. When you wear them low enough so that they don't ride up your balls, they give you massive plumbers crack. There just isn't a comfortable spot to wear them.

The skinny guys have a comfortable rise but the leg opening is too large when compared to the thigh measurements. It ends up giving this weird flared mini boot cut look. The new super skinny guy fit from what I've read is more tapered from the knee down to solve this issue.

If you're still into that whole raw denim never washing your jeans scene and American Heritage look then NF would be a great choice to get a feel of whats out there. Just don't expect really modern looking fits like the ones provided by Acne, Saint Laurent, APC, Dior Homme, etc.

5. Kou

Kou Member

Whats the name of the style with the colored in logo on the back? Or is there a way to buy that back logo separately and stitch it on myself? It looks like this for reference;
    [​IMG]

Thansk

6. typericey

typericey Well-Known Member

This just came in.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Looking forward to wearing and fading 'em. :)

7. fantasyempire

fantasyempire New Member

Hey guys, I was wondering how much shrink, and how much subsequent stretch, to expect with a pair of Okayama Spirits in SSG. I'm seeing some sources saying a full size, others only half an inch. Regarding stretch, I emailed T+Y and was told that they would stretch back out but not quite to pre-soak measurements, however a post by Jay from blueowl in this thread (albeit about different cuts) said they would get back to initial measurements, so I'm really not sure what to go by. Thanks!

8. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

Me rikey. Are these currently available from N&F? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. typericey

typericey Well-Known Member

These are SS15 and are currently available. Got my pair from a Nordstrom.

10. Shark Cat

Shark Cat New Member

Frankenstein 1s
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

I thought Weird Guy was but the N&F site shows the Slim Guy as the loosest, which seems weird.

12. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

Regular Guy is the loosest. Next is Slim Guy, which are the only ones I can wear (the others are too tappered for me and my calfs stay stucked in them). Weird Guy is a low-waist, strong tapper fit.

13. Dieg0

Dieg0 Senior member

It is difficult and quasi impossible to try on some of the N&F denims here in Europe. The only cuts I've tried are the super skinny (=> far too tight) and the weird guy (a little loose around the thighs and waist in 28).
    So I was wondering if the skinny guy would be a better. I own an APC New Standard in 28 (very good fit) and a Gustin Slim fit in 29 (slightly looser than the APC ).

What would your advice be?

14. f-tard

f-tard Well-Known Member

Progress shot on some N&F Momotaro collabs I've been wearing off and on for the last 4-5 ish years. No wash. What do you think...time for a wash yet?

[​IMG]

15. Nostalgia777

Nostalgia777 Member

Good day fellas! Im new to this raw denim scene.. anyways I want to buy my 1st N & F denim is this a good start for beginners? http://shop.tateandyoko.com/collect...ed-famous-denim-weird-guy-heavy-soft-selvedge . Another thing about the sizing for WG,SG & SSG??. I wear a size 30 x 32 on levis 511's(the waist still have some a bit room), A size 31 on nudies tight long john and size 29 thanaz on diesel jeans.. so should i stick true to size on weird guy size down or size up?? thanks for the help

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  16. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior member

I wear a size 31 on Levis & LVC 501, and I wear comfortably a size 29 on weird guy. I used to wear a size 28 on N&F as the denim stretched quite a lot. Was tight at beginning though.

1 person likes this.
  17. Nostalgia777

Nostalgia777 Member

Thanks for the answer! What about in skinny & super skinny guy?? should i stay true or size down??

18. Nostalgia777

Nostalgia777 Member

Thanks for the answer! What about in skinny & super skinny guy?? should i stay true or size down??

19. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior member

I haven't tried super skinny guy though, I had a pair of skinny guy. That was the one with size 28 I mentioned above. I suggest that you check the measurements at Tate & Yoko website before you place an order. Good luck.

20. Nostalgia777

Nostalgia777 Member

Alright! thanks for the help really appreciate!