1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Elephant 3s are nice jeans, but none of the N and F jeans have great durability so it's not the end of the world!

I had 3 pairs of N and F, all bought in 2013, only one pair left!

2. bklounge

bklounge Member

I would love to see pictures of the two fallen pairs.

3. ScuffedBluchers

ScuffedBluchers Senior member

Anyone else in here working on a pair of the wool blend "moss" denim jeans? I'm sitting in a slightly damp pair, post soak, and painting the world blue with my ass. Excited to see how these fade with the brownish-green weft.

I can't find pictures anywhere online, I'm guessing because the fabric is new, but I thought i'd check.

4. The Pastoral Utopian

The Pastoral Utopian Active Member

"Painting the world blue with my ass"... I too am currently a partner in that crime!

5. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Got 2 pair of weird guys recently, first 2 pair. Jade Denim and Petrol Blue Chinos. Was real happy with the fit and the $88 Black Friday sale.

Hopefully they hold together, can't see them not, they seem fine to me.

6. ScuffedBluchers

ScuffedBluchers Senior member

I think a lot of people here are pretty tough on their jeans. Skater dudes we more wear than office dudes. And for the love of god, wash them once and a while.

7. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Dear N&F, make more like this:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose Senior member

Looking into getting N&F elephant 4, currently wearing a 33 in the UB221 tapered fit 21 oz, do I get the same size in the elephant? In general, is the weird guy identical to the UB tapered in the same size? My 33 UB221 are slightly loose in the waist by half an inch, but I had to size by thighs. Should I go with a 33 in the E4 or a 34?

9. Stillmaticbeat

Stillmaticbeat Senior member

what is this

10. 13ENDER

13ENDER Member

Quote:I wear a 33 in UB201, 34 slim in Gustin's, and just bought a pair of 33WG Elephant 4's. They fit snugly, but are extremely comfortable and I think the fit is as good as it gets. I have a 34.5" measured waist, and 24.5" thighs. I'm 6'4" and 198lb. Hope this helps you out.

11. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose Senior member

So the E4 WG fits slightly larger than the 201 in the same size?

12. 13ENDER

13ENDER Member

No I would say the measurements are almost identical. The only reason the E4 has slightly larger measurements than the UB201 is because of the thickness of the fabric. They needed to add ~0.25" to the knee, rise, and thigh so that they'd fit like their tapered unbrandeds and weird guy fits. http://shop.tateandyoko.com/collect...ducts/naked-famous-denim-weird-guy-elephant-4 This is the link for the E4 measurements, and this http://theunbrandedbrand.com/products/ub201-tapered-fit-indigo-selvedge is for the UB201. Hope this helps. Keep in mind Unbranded is owned by N&F, and the tapered UB fit is very similar, almost identical, to the N&F weird guy fit.

1 person likes this.
  13. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

The rise on the Slim Gustins is less than the WG. I noticed you sized up with them, I did the same thing but am waiting for arrival. How is the top block on the +1 size Gustins compared to the NF WG? Does it feel like less or more room?

14. 13ENDER

13ENDER Member

I will post pictures this evening of me wearing the E4, UB201, and Gustin's to contrast their fit differences. The Gustin's fit like a glove in the top block, and I prefer the higher rise as I don't like my jeans to slouch in the back as the UB201s do. The E4s do this slightly as well, though not as bad as the 201s. If you follow the Gustin fit guide you won't be disappointed. To answer your question, the Gustin's feel slightly smaller than the E4s and UB201s, in the top block. This might be because the 201s have stretched (got them in Sept 2013) and the Gustin sizing is more TTS than UB or N&F.

15. 13ENDER

13ENDER Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The lighting isn't the best, but I hope these help. In order: E4 33WG, Gustin #27 34 Slim, UB201 33. UBs have been soaked once, others haven't touched water.

1 person likes this.
  16. jeanfit

jeanfit Member

Hello everyone ! this is my first time buying NF jeans and I need your help. I wear Levi 508 (tappered) jeans size 30 30 and they fit me perfectly. I was wondering what would be the twin version of this in naked and famous. I have a big butt and big thighs btw!

17. 13ENDER

13ENDER Member

Quote:Get a tape measure, measure either yourself (waist, thighs, inseam), or your best fitting pair of jeans. Compare the numbers you get to either Tate & Yoko's measurements for the pair you want (http://tateandyoko.com) or Blue Owl's measurements (https://www.blueowl.us).

18. The Pastoral Utopian

The Pastoral Utopian Active Member

I'm also big in the seat and thighs (cyclist)... T+Y recommended me the new slim guy fit in NF (NSG-NF). I bought a pair of Elephant 3's from them and my experience is as follows:

The break in period was painful, even excruciating depending on my movements as the top block was so terribly tight. I'm a 34 in Levi's 514's but the NF NSG's 33 matched up with my tape measurements. Whilst the waist was loose, the lower hips were dreadfully tight initially and I had to be careful how I moved, getting up from chairs or stair climbing especially. Anyway, once the top block opened up after a week, which resulted in a significant drop in the front rise, the jeans became very comfy and took on that "second skin" quality. A month in, I'm very happy with how they've molded to my physique.

The Weird Guy fit seems to be too big in the waist in relation to the thighs: I need at least a 12.25" thigh measurement for the jeans to ride up properly. The waist measurement is relative to the rise, but I generally prefer a carrot cut to a funnel cut, the latter of which seems more in keeping with the WG, although it has a lower rise. I've never tried this fit on, but it might work for me.

I don't know that I'll stick with NF, but I can say that the NF-E3's are terrific now that they're broken in.

19. mykoh

mykoh Well-Known Member

Would anyone who has seen/own the kakishibu wefts in person care to comment on them?
    I'm really really close to buying a pair, and below retail too.

20. loshmislav

loshmislav Member

Howdy.

Anyone have any experience with their new reflective denim weird guy? I found one much cheaper (99$ instead of 265$) and they fit me great. Its not selvedge and I do not know whether or not they are worth the money. They are supper light (light gray). And they are supposedly reflecting light. They have 1 percent elastane.

I do not know anything about the stretch denim, how does it age, does it slackens off for 1inch or so like regular denim?

And what is the point of having raw denim when its already light gray? I mean, it cannot possibly have any high contrast fades, can it?

Anyone who has any experience with it, please fill me in :)