1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

My Super Slubs were a Christmas present last year, and are holding up well.

Having said that, I don't wear them that much, especially since I bought my 3x1 Biker jeans:)

2. Ireges

Ireges Active Member

Recently tried on the skinny guy's, but found them too skin conforming, where the weird guys were a little wide in the thighs, and the slim guy too straight and baggy.

Can I expect the skinny guy's to stretch in width, so they won't end up looking like "skinny jeans", or maybe I should size down the weird guys?

I also read here that the super skinny guy's are somehow larger than the skinny guys? I haven't been able to find any, but am intrigued.

Pardon the ignorant queries.

3. Ydanusas

Ydanusas Member

This was the same problem I ran into when I bought my first 2 pairs. The skinny guy was too skin conforming with no breathing room and the slim guy didnt taper enough below the knee. If I were you, I'd size down on the weird guys. They will stretch but still offer you the taper look below the knee.

I've never tried on the super skinny guys so I cant offer you my 2 cents on that.

G'luck !

4. Ydanusas

Ydanusas Member

Guess what the UPS guy dropped off today!!!
    Already wearing the grey ones today. The pain and agony of breaking N&F.... always worth it.

[​IMG]

5. KYeezy

KYeezy Senior member

Yeah, I find that the super skinny guy's fit a bit bigger at the waist than the skinny guy's. I would advise trying on super skinny guys first before purchasing a pair of weird guys. I think sizing up 1 on skinny guy would give you a better fit than sizing down on a pair of weird guys.

6. Ireges

Ireges Active Member

Hmm, but if the super skinny guys are bigger at the waist, won't I have to size down to fit my waist, while the legs will then be super tight? Anyway I'll see if I can find any, and just play around with other sizes in the other fits. Sizing up the skinny guys might work, honestly the weird guys are only a little to wide, but when they stretch I'm afraid it will become a problem.

7. DsRyan23

DsRyan23 Senior member

Hey gang, hoping someone could help me with this question. I normally buy Weird Guys, I have 5-6 pairs of Weird Guy jeans in size 31. I want to get a pair of the Elephant 3, and I noticed the Weird Guy 31 is almost the exact same thing as the Slim Guy 30 (in this particular jean - the Elephant 3, according to Tate + Yoko), except the Slim Guy 30 has a 1 inch shorter inseam which would be good so I wouldn't have to try to get them hemmed. Also, my Weird Guy 31s always stretch too much, I wear a 31-32" waist and they stretch out to around a 33-34". So I was wondering if I bought a Size 30 in Slim Guy Elephant 3, would it stretch to at least a 32" waist? I would rather go Slim Guy to get a shorter inseam and hopefully a waist I would not have to get tailored back an inch, like I have had to do with many of my Weird Guys.

Dan

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  8. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Remember that heavy weight jeans are much harder to break in than regular jeans - every time I wash my 21oz jeans they're stiff as card for days, so you might be more comfortable in size 31" in Elephant 3's.....:)

9. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Great !

Hope they're a good fit!

Look forward to pics!:)

10. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I would agree with this - I don't wash my 21oz custom Kuabos very often (just over 2 year mark) but they still shrink and even on skinny me are very restrictive until they're broken in..

A 31" would be much easier to wear and last much longer!:)

11. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Why the fuck are you quoting yourself multiple times?

12. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

13. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Sorry - that one was-a mistake!!!:)

14. mister56

mister56 Senior member

LOL, not really.

15. jwusoccer

jwusoccer Active Member

How does the strech indigo selvedge compare to the normal indigo selvedge? Looking to get a new pair of raw denim and can't decide between the two.

16. SassyPirate7

SassyPirate7 Member

Hey all,

I'm planning to purchase Super Skinny Guys online and there is no store in my area that carries them for me to try on. I am 6'1 with waist size 34", and given that i want a slim fitting jean, should I size down to a 32 or 33 as I've read on a blog that it will stretch quite quickly or stick to a size 34?

I have little to no knowledge on denim, so any answers regarding this matter will be helpful!

17. im eddie

im eddie Senior member

Depends what model, but they usually run a size bigger than marked because they are to shrink when washed.

This pair for example runs two sizes bigger.

18. SassyPirate7

SassyPirate7 Member

I was looking at this model right here and it doesn't state the type of model so i'm not entirely sure..

http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/skinny-fit-4392/product/1035786621-naked-famous-super-skinny-guy-jeans

Also heard that quality of pants sold on Gilt differs from ones you would buy from authorized sellers. Should I purchase Naked & Famous jeans somewhere else?

19. Ireges

Ireges Active Member

I recently picked up a pair of the skinny guys, and after stretching a little they fit great except for the waist, which is now about 1-1.5 '' to big. If I were to buy another pair, I was considering sizing down 1, but would then be worried of too tight a fit around the thighs. I check blueowl and it seems like each size adds or subtracts .25 '' in the thigh measurements. I'm not sure how significant this would be, but if the jeans were much slimmer they would start to look like skinny jeans. At the moment if I pinch the fabric I have about half an inch or so between my fingers. Any advice? I don't have enough experience with denim to judge.

20. im eddie

im eddie Senior member

Last pair I bought at Gilt were not selvedge. Looks like your link shows non selvedge pair.