1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

@Bertdinner2 , have you tried United Stock or Rogue Territory? Both offer washed denim with relatively long (~36") inseams at around that price.

2. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

no ill have to check i just also need a skinny fit

3. Bertdinner2

i would get nudies but only want high kai or tape ted fits and they never have good washes that the 33/36 isnt sold out. yeezy, does acne have a 36 inseam? i got ksubi chitchs and the inseam was like 32.5" so i returned them.

4. Bertdinner2

Just as an update on all the suggestions, ksubi and acne don't have any long inseams, and rag and bone, united stock, and rogue territory don't have any light washes. So I struck out. Thanks anyway

5. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

you're after something lighter than these?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  6. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

What did you kop?:)

7. Bertdinner2

Nuthin... want something like this in a lighter weight denim 36" inseam and skinny...I know it's a lot to ask lol
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Just buy a darker pair and wait until they fade:)

9. Jay-D

Jay-D Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Naked & Famous F/W 2014: First Release - - - "Weird Guy" 13oz Selvedge Chino in Burgundy

[​IMG]
    The first of our Naked & Famous FW14 collection has arrived. Introducing the Weird Guy 13oz Selvedge Chino in Burgundy. Two years ago we collaborated with Naked & Famous on a red chino, and we still get customers asking for this one to come back as the color was easy to coordinate and wear. Finally N&F has decided to make a similar red, and this time as part of the their regular line up. This red fabric is very similar, but in a slightly darker color that allows for more year-round wear.

[​IMG]
    Naked & Famous "Weird Guy" 13oz Selvedge Chino in Burgundy. 100% cotton, made in Canada. Size 28-38. $150. For more information, click http://www.blueowl.us/product/naked-and-famous-weird-guy-13oz-selvedge-chino-in-burgundy/

[​IMG]
    Black leather patch.

1 person likes this.
  10. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

I have a pair of the limited run low tension seldvedge that are far and wide my favorite fabric . Since these are no longer made does N&F make a pair that are presently available that come close to them . The nubbiness and weight are perfect Sanforized is preferred . Many thanks in advance for any feedback on this

11. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

they're unsanforized, but i've heard the Japan Heritage 2s are similar (FWIW Blue Owl describes them as being "woven at extremely low tension").

12. ricebomb

ricebomb Active Member

[​IMG]

Was wondering if any of you guys here can attest to the quality of the Naked and Famous Power Stretch Jacket? Looking for a good denim jacket, and it caught my eye, however, i'm not sure of the quality

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  13. Ydanusas

Ydanusas Member

Question for the n&f gurus out there. I just recently bought my first 2 pairs of n&f: Slim Guy Selvedge and SkinnyGuy Grey; both sz 33. The Slim Guy fits snug with the expectation that it'll stretch but the SkinnyGuy is too skin conforming for my taste so will probably return. I love the Slim Guy but was hoping that it's less baggier in the ankle.

That said, should my next pair be a Weird Guy since I hear it's a good medium between the other two fits? If yes, should I size up/down or stick with 33?
    Or get another pair of SkinnyGuy but size up to 34?

14. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I would go for Weird Guy in 33", IMO you'll get a better fit:)

15. Jay-D

Jay-D Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Naked and Famous - New Fall/Winter 2014 Items

Two more items from the FW14 collection recently arrived. A "Skinny Guy" Stretch Corduroy in Burgundy, and a "Slim Shirt" with a Kimono Flowers print.

[​IMG]
    The Naked and Famous "Skinny Guy" Stretch Corduroys are made with a soft corduroy fabric that has a bit of stretch making them incredibly comfortable. That, plus the nice fit make them a great addition to your fall wardrobe. These are in burgundy and you can expect some Amber colored stretch corduroys to arrive in the near future in "Skinny Guy" and "Super Skinny Guy".

[​IMG]
    Naked and Famous "Skinny Guy" 11oz Stretch Corduroy in Burgundy.
    98% cotton 2% elastane, made in Canada. Sizes 28-36. $138
    For more information click here

[​IMG]
    The Naked and Famous "Slim Shirt" 6oz Kimono Flowers shirt is part of a series that began spring/summer 2014 inspired by traditional kimono patterns. This is the first of the series in a "Slim Shirt" fit which has darts along the back allowing for an overall slimmer silhouette compared to the "Regular Shirt". Also, it features a vibrant floral print made up of simple graphic flowers.

[​IMG]
    Naked and Famous "Slim Shirt" 6oz Kimono Flowers.
    100% cotton, made in Canada. Sizes S-L. $128
    For more information click here

16. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Personally I prefer denim to courdroy but the colour looks great, and the shirt is really original..

I'll need another 4 shirts for the next winter...

17. Ydanusas

Ydanusas Member

Good deal. I've got 2 Weird Guys coming my way, both sz 33. Thanks for the input !

18. bob99

bob99 Senior member

I've been enjoying Naked and Famous denim for the past four years or so. Here's a little tour of what I've currently got in rotation.

This was the first pair I bought, called Indigo Selvedge. The crotch has been repaired on these, and they're starting to look properly beat up. Fun fact: the tag used to be cloth, not paper. (I don't care about the tag, just commenting on a cost-saving production measure.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've been wearing these a few months, they're the Dirty Fade model. Not much fading has taken place yet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is another pair of Indigo Selvedge (one size down) that also needed a crotch repair.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is a super dark pair of indigo that look almost black, called Indigo Slub Selvedge. They're heavier denim too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the hologram denim, obviously. I haven't actually worn these yet, but I bought them because how could I not buy hologram denim?! I'll be curious to see what they look like when the holo material eventually starts to wear off.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are the Glow In The Dark weird guys, which I love. They look just like regular grey jeans in the daylight. When you charge them up for about 5 minutes, you get a cool green glow. Great for wearing at the movies! If you use a little flashlight on them, you can write words and draw pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have a pair of the Rainbow Fades that I have not started wearing yet. I've owned a few others that I don't wear (I lost some weight, so my Soft Raws don't fit any longer. Too bad, since they were particularly comfortable.)

I hope you enjoyed this tour through my Naked and Famous collection! If anyone has questions about any of these jeans, I doubt I'm qualified to answer them, but ask away.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    6 people like this.
  19. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I'm also a fan - your collection is very impressive!

I've recently worn out both my cashmere stretch and Glow in the Dark pairs - I'm down to just a pair of Super Slubs, but I'm rotating my jeans collection a bit more now, so hopefully they'll last for a while!

N and F do great unusual jeans at great prices, but they don't hold up to a lot of wear like good Japanese jeans...:)

20. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

My Super Slubs were a Christmas present last year, and are holding up well - but I don't wear them that much, especially since I bought my 3x1 Biker jeans:)