1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

I know, true skinny jeans make me look terrible. as long as the hem is at least 6.5" I'm fine though, so let's see how it goes with the size 30.

2. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Good luck - look forward to fit pics, although I honestly like the pair you're selling

I'm super thin too and I've stopped wearing really skinny jeans...:)

3. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

I went to the HR2 store (the Holt Renfrew liquidation store) in the Quartier Dix30 near Montréal and I noticed they had a few N&F styles I never knew about, like a "Deep Indigo with Twisted Yarn Weft" in Weird Guy cut. Does anyone know where I can find info on the styles and cuts Holt Renfrew offers (which seem to me to be exclusives to the store)?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  4. Braincat

Braincat Member

You had right, i ordered a 29" and they're too small [​IMG]

5. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I hope that you can exchange them for a 30", otherwise it's an expensive lesson!:)

6. Braincat

Braincat Member

Yeah i changed them, 20 euro more for spedition but still a good price, the only shop in all over italy that sell this brand had the flannel denim and cashmere stretch, only size 29,30,36, 100 euro both!

7. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Did you just buy the cashmere stretch, or the flannel denim as well?

Happy that you were able to change them!:):):)

8. Braincat

Braincat Member

Both them

9. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Very happy for you!:):):)

10. accordion

accordion Senior member

11. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Any pics of the new pair?

Jade Selvedge is a gorgeous denim:)

12. Buddha25

Buddha25 Well-Known Member

So let me start out by saying that I love wearing jeans everyday (after work on weekdays). I own a pair of N&F slim guys in indigo and I think I am going to make the plunge on a pair of weird guys next. My question is to those who own them do they fit comparable to Levis 513? If so great, they are the only slim fit jeans I can get into without looking odd. I am a relatively thin person, so any thinner would look weird on me. I cannot wear baggy either otherwise I will be swimming in them as well. Looking to buy the pair below, curious to see how they will fade over time.

[​IMG]

13. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I think that's Rich Blue Stretch.. I've never had a pair, but they should fade to a nice shade of blue.. My cashmere stretch have faded loads, but the Glow in the Dark pair I'm currently wearing stubbornly won't fade at all! I nearly bought the Rich Blue stretch instead of these but they were a gift from my ex and he chose them, although I'd rather have had your ones!!! My Super Slub Stretch haven't been worn enough to fade much.. Hope somebody else can give you more help:):):) I say go with the Weird Guys - it sounds like they'll suit your body type and this is a nice wash!:)

14. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Did you kop them?:)

15. Buddha25

I got them yesterday. The looks is excellent, but its a bit tigh/ snug around the thighs. I am sure they will stretch out. As I said before I am not a big fan of skinny jeans, but I don't mind slightly fitted. Not as roomy as the Levis 513, but will they become like that over time? The slim guys stretched out to the point of being slightly loose on me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are how my Slim Guys fit for a reference.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  16. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I would size up one if I were you, as although they do stretch, being raw they also shrink, so you'd be better with a less tight pair:)

17. Buddha25

I am a 32 waist and blue owl shows this pant in size 30 is actually a 32. Waist is perfect right now too. Should sizing up be an issue otherwise? I don't want waist bunching up on me later.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  18. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

No, the label says they're raw and shrink up to 3%!

You don't want them to shrink and be too tight, also they shrink in the length - bear this in mind if you were planning to shorten them (I stack my jeans):)

19. Buddha25

Just got the sized 31's today (1 size larger). Thighs are much better, waist is slightly loose though. Good call on the jeans, I think overall I will enjoy wearing these more. They feel less like spandex.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  20. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

those are WAY too big.