1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

Well I actually thrifted these. Can't seem to see why theres such a big change in size. Its the power stretch denim, it does say to stretch out the inseam as I wash. Should I try or just leave it?

2. thaihien

thaihien New Member

awesome

i ordered my SSG OS as well and my friend will bring it to Vietnam for me in 1 month later...cant wait.
    So did u do a hot soak before breaking this pair in and how did you sizing? I am wearing an APC NS tag size 25 for 10 months and now it stretchs to nearly 28. My true size is 27 or 28 slim and i orderd an Okayama 28, hope to shrink it about 1" with hot water. Moreover, how about the fabric? It's good ? because i have never had any unsanforized denim before. Last words, Could you post some fit picture on Okayama please :D

Hope to see its soon ^_^

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  3. mykoh

mykoh Well-Known Member

It's my first raw unsanforized denim as well, and I soaked mine in warm water for about an hour cos i didn't want the waist shrinking too much. Didn't measure pre and post soak however. Got rid of quite a bit of extra starch and indigo. One thing I would've done differently is maybe try and have the leather patch near the surface of the water cos it got a little stained with indigo during the soak. No big deal, but I really loved the clean look of the natural patch.

I wear a SSG Stretch Selvedge in 29 and sized up 2 (as advised by Jay from Blueowl) and it is spot on. The loss in starch made it a little easier to get into as well. The inseam is really short. I'm 168cm and it is perfect with a single/double cuff. I have no idea how taller folks are gonna fit but I think subsequent pairs are supposed to have longer inseams.

In terms of fabric the amount of depth and texture is fantastic.

4. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Senior member

Do the OS weird guy and Slim guy all have the exposed coin pocket selv? Just can't get over that detail...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  5. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

*screwed up*

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  6. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Senior member

What? I don't think that's accurate, at least for other previous models. My old Oni weird guys did not have the selv coin pocket id. Neither did my Elephant 2's. I thought that was a detail only found on the Skinny guy, maybe the slim guy. I am asking about this particular model, since all the pictures I've seen of these are stock or dudes wearing the SkG of SSG.

7. karanimal

karanimal Well-Known Member

Not accurate. Elephant 3s have hidden selvedge on the coin pocket

8. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

There's lots of N&F models with no exposed selvedge pocket...

9. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

I retract.

All the N&F selvedge jeans I've seen have had selvedge coin pockets, but I shouldn't have generalized.

10. skaterpunk437

skaterpunk437 Member

anybody own a n&f Belt I'm trying to get an idea on quality before i purchase its the 7mm thick belt any color just would like some fit pics and comments if anyone has any

11. karanimal

karanimal Well-Known Member

Here's mine. Its a beast of a belt, i like it but i think for the money there are better options such as a tanner belt or corter. If i were to get a belt now it would probably be the KMW from Context clothing for sub $100

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  12. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Normally, the WG's feature hidden selvage on the coinpocket. SG has visible selvage. Might be that there are a few exceptions, but in general this is the case.

Don't know about the other fits though, since N&F mostly release their jeans in either WG or SG cut.

13. skaterpunk437

skaterpunk437 Member

Hey thank you i really appreciate the info and will take your comments to help me decide on my purchase

14. skaterpunk437

skaterpunk437 Member

Hey karanimal I just ordered the kmw belt, it is a really awesome looking belt thanks for the great tip when i receive it ill be sure to post some pics

15. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

I want that belt too but I refuse to pay duties to context.

16. rawdenimkid

rawdenimkid New Member

If anyone is selling 32oz in a size 33 please message me

17. masshi

masshi Senior member

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  18. Nuckinya

Nuckinya Active Member

I know the whole "sizing" question has been done to death, but I'm a bit confused about the "Weird Guy" fit. I've read time and time again that it's a low rise jean (which I assume means that it sits lower on ones waist).

However I went to look on the Blueowl site for their measurements, and found that even the 28s had a rise of 9.85", that's higher than my size 30 Nudies (Grim Tims) and I'd refinitely consider them a higher rise than most of my jeans.

I guess what my question is, from experience do the Weird Guys sit on your waist, or a bit above them? For me it would be the difference between getting a size 28 or 29. Also would you say they will stretch out at least or at most an inch at the waist?

I wish there was a store where I live that stocked these so I could try them on!

19. zach4134

zach4134 Active Member

Alright so since the colder weather has been rolling in I've been attempting to break in my WG Elephant 3's for the past 2 months or so, however this pair of denim seems to have a little bit more stretch in them than various other NF Weird Guys. And by stretch I mean the fabric has some more give in them, allowing them to better retain their original size rather than stretching out a bit after wear. This is a bit of a problem for me as I have fairly big thighs and I stuck with a size that was tight at first hoping they would stretch out and fit well like my other NF denims have done, however this isn't the case for the Ele 3's and I just can't seem to get the upper thigh & crotch region to stretch out to a more comfortable level. Does anyone have any stretching techniques I could use to loosen just this area of the denim without warping the overall look of the denim?

In summary, if you don't want to read all that; I need to stretch out the crotch and upper thigh area next to the crotch without screwing up the denim. Any ideas?

20. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

You could stretch the denim by hand. The E3 is a looser weave and will eventually stretch out.