1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. genesis0403

genesis0403 Member

so i got the midnight power stretch today but I'm contemplating whether I should've sized down? The fit right now is perfect, no space on the waist or thighs. I can say that I actually like the current fit.

2. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

the elastane in the power stretch denim prevents it from stretching much/at all, so you should be good.

3. genesis0403

genesis0403 Member

4. Shogyo Mujo

Shogyo Mujo Active Member

agreed, by far the best denim N&F has made. Actually they are my favorite denim in my rotation now. I like the character/feel of the denim better than my momotaros or 3sixteens!

5. mykoh

mykoh Well-Known Member

According to blueowl, the waist on the Okayamas are expected to shrink .5". I'm wondering if they would stretch back out eventually? I am about a 30.5" and am unsure between size 31 (30.5") and 32 (31.5").

Also, do the thighs and knees shrink significantly after a soak too?

Thanks for the advice!

6. Shogyo Mujo

Mine were a little tight on the waist before initial soak. After a room temp soak for 20 mins they shrunk a little over .5 inches... I imagine if you use really hot water and leave it in a little longer you'll get an inch of shrinkage. After wearing mine almost a month the waist has stretched at least an inch since its much looser than it was presoak. I didnt take measurements of the knees but my thigh shrunk about .2 inch.

1 person likes this.
  7. mykoh

mykoh Well-Known Member

thanks buddy.

Looks like i may have to go for the 32 and shrink the living daylights out of the waist (and wear a belt).
    Also, the Okayama Super Skinnys seem to be cut slimmer in the top compared to the Stretch Selvedges.

8. Shogyo Mujo

That should work! or a 31 and cold soak? you should give blueowl a call before you order, they will make sure you get the right size.

9. Solid Cake

Solid Cake New Member

Quick question,

I just bought a pair of N&F Weird Guys in Big Slub size 28. I have a 30" waist. and i find these jeans pretty tight.

Will they stretch out and get more comfortable over time?

10. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

You should be a good, I have a 30" waist and wear a 28 in the WG. They'll definitely stretch (~1" in the waist) and get more comfortable with wear.

11. Solid Cake

Solid Cake New Member

Thanks J BAILEY,

I Guess i have to soldier through!

1 person likes this.
  12. Jakethedrummer

Jakethedrummer Well-Known Member

They will definitely stretch, you should be nice and comfy in about a week :)

13. Brite

Brite Member

I've been complementing grabbing a pair of the Okayama Super Skinnies for the last couple weeks. I'm just unsure of sizes as I'm a true 28 waist. Blue Owl has the waist at 27.5 inches and I'm thinking that'd be perfect if it stretched out. This would be my first pair of unsanforized denim so I'm still a little unsure about stretch vs shrink. I'm currently rocking a pair of the LHT Super Skinnies in a 28 and feel like I should've went with a size 27 to account for stretch.

I really wish I could try them on, but my local shop didn't get them in, unfortunately.

14. jittery zeitgeist

jittery zeitgeist Well-Known Member

How did your LHTs fit when you got them new?
    I'd check the measurements of the LHT and compare them to the Okayamas.
    The LHT SSG fitted perfectly in a size 29 (which is a 30" waist) so I went with a size 30 in the Okayamas (which is a 29,5").
    I'm going to soak them lukewarm or wear them a couple of days and soak them after they stretched a bit, depending on the fit.
    It depends on how much you want them to shrink, the hotter the more shrinkage.
    Without having a personal experience with the LHT you often read that they are probably the denim that stretches the most. Be aware that the Okayamas run small.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  15. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Okayama Spirits will definitely stretch too, since they are a loose weave.

16. skaterpunk437

skaterpunk437 Member

Hey anyone purchase new batch of 32oz jeans? I got mine and literally the first day one of the belt loops ripped off. now not even a month of wear and my left leg seam is starting to come apart along the selvedge line.. has anyone encountered such problems?? i am starting to regret the purchase as i couldve gotten something like the iron heart 25oz for a heavy for almost 200 dollars cheaper. i have about 20 days of wear in these and not even remotely hard wear.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. 5354

5354 Senior member

Contact N&F or wherever you purchased them from.

18. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

That's not cool they should fix free

19. spencers

spencers Senior member

Got my pair in this week. SO COMFY

20. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

Does anyone here have the sulphur-dyed WGs? Thinking I could use a pair of black jeans...