1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

I believe there is one or more contestant(s) in the HWDC contest that is held @ SuFu.

1 person likes this.
  2. Mr Weathers

Mr Weathers Member

Both pair look good, but I would recommend that you go with the 34's. It won't be long before they stretch out a bit. Cheers.

3. Mr Weathers

Mr Weathers Member

I know this post is a month old, but I didn't see any true remedies, so I thought I'd throw one out there. I simply use an iron, with mild steam, over and around the knee. Be sure not to iron over the seam on either side of the leg though. Cheers.

...And "chinese"alpha, why are you fronting a Japanese avatar? :)

4. wakawakawaka

wakawakawaka Member

Help a fellow raw denim new comer?

I recently purchased my first pair of raws last month, some unbranded 201 size 32 (my tts waist).

When I first tried them on the fit fairly well. Ever so SLIGHTLY looser in the thighs and they flare just a tad more than I'd like, but over I was really happy with the fit. Well, with the exception of the waist be extremely tight (still can't button the top button). I've been wearing them for about a month now and the butt area seems to have stretched a bit, and I'm not liking the fit too much anymore.

I know N&F is Unbrandeds sister company, and I want to cop myself a pair. I was wondering what fit do you guys think I should get? I've done some research and I'm leaning towards a size up on some "skinny guys". But I'm always wondering how much do N&F stretch if any.

5. seeldoger47

seeldoger47 Senior member

Generally speaking you will size down one for the skinny guy fit or two for weird guy fit. N&F will stretch out much like unbranded does, unless you buy a collaboration pair.

6. wakawakawaka

wakawakawaka Member

Really? I've read that unbranded's stretch are very minimal compared to N&F. If I wear to go skinny guys I don't think I should size down. I fear that will be way too tight since they are already a skinny fit.

After browsing hypebeast N&F and Unbranded threads (and yes, I know most responses there aren't the most valid), the general consenses for unbrandeds is going TTS for the 201 (weird guys) and sizing up 1 or 2 for the 101 (skinny guys). But then again I guess that's not that relevant because N&F are different.

How do the waist compare because I still can't button the top on my 201.

7. seeldoger47

seeldoger47 Senior member

I'm assuming your not happy with the way the seat has stretched out, exacerbating the flaring problem. If that is the case you should size down. It will be tight at first, you may not be able to button up the top button at first, but the waist will stretch out generously over time. Also keep in mind N&F is vanity sized, rendering the tag relatively meaningless.

1 person likes this.
  8. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

My NF Weird Guys ..Not sure what they are though but they are just about 2 years old and werent washed until 1 year and since then i wash them like a normal garment would. I have done all the repairs. I am in no way capable of repairing anything but it did the job. I sewedthe back pockets which started coming off where they are attached to the jeans. I also applied numorous iron on patches lol. They are now shorts as u can see

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. aigoya

aigoya New Member

How is the stretching for Elephant 3s Skinny Guys? I was told to go TTS instead of sizing 1 down because they dont stretch much.

10. RoeJogan

RoeJogan Member

Hey guys, i got some Slim Guys and the rise is really low and at work i have to bend over alot and my jeans keep coming down belt or not. I was looking at the stretch denim in the same size and wondered how well it would fade compared to broken twill slim guys. Will they fade like regular raw denim or will they be harder to break through etc. Thanks!

11. tahonng

tahonng Senior member

Can I ask who gave you that advice? I was told to stay with my regular size, as they'd stretch. I was comparing them to the 15 oz. deep indigos. Went true to size, and they were still a pain. They haven't stretched out as much as my Dirty Fades. I'm interested in the E3s too and I want to know what size to get. Was thinking of sizing up, but, like I said, was advised to get my usual.

12. SonicBoom

SonicBoom New Member

i'm going to buy some weird guy left hand twill jeans and was wondering what size should i get. i'm a 32 in levi's and thinking about getting a 30. i'm about 152 pounds by the way

13. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

measure your best fitting pair of jeans following this guide - http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2010/01/blue-owl-measuring-guide-denim.html

compare to the size charts on blueowl and buy the size closest assuming you will get a good 1.5-2" of stretch in the waist and a 1/2" or so of stretch in the thigh.

i have a pair of left hand twills for sale below that are all stretched out to approx. 32" waist (measurements are in the link). if you wanna save some money hit me up. they are very lightly worn. i'm 5'-8", 150 lbs.

1 person likes this.
  14. aigoya

aigoya New Member

This was at a place in Korea that sells raw denim. I tried on the LHT first skinny guy 31, he told me it'll stretch to where I will like them. But if I'm interested in Elephants I may want to go to 32 so I don't feel the discomfort of heavier denim. Basically he said anything under 15oz should be fine to size down, but heavier denim, the buyer must take the weight and stretch into more caution.

15. Jay-D

Jay-D Senior member Affiliate Vendor

True if you talking E2, but E3 has more flex and will stretch a full inch or more. Size the same as other N&F denims in the 12oz to 14oz range.

Weight does not necessarily determine stretch. Cotton, dying process, and weave are more important at times. E3 is not as tightly woven compared to other denims.

16. Hunter Smith

Hunter Smith Active Member

Anyone else get those vintagecast jeans? Any fade photos? I'm working on mine pretty hard, just want to see if I'm off to a good start

17. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

When are them goddamn tapered slimguys coming?

18. bklounge

bklounge Member

Latest pair of weird guys - 15oz "vintage blue". Been looking for this wash for 2 years since first spotting it on the N&F website.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. bklounge

bklounge Member

Dirty fade weird guys are 1" bigger in the waist than deep indigos (weird guys) of the same size. Check blueowl. Learnt this the hard way after wearing my pair for 5months straight. Didn't know about blueowl back then. They stretched to infinity and are parachute pants now.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  20. SurakiCrim

SurakiCrim Senior member

Ordered a pair of super skinnyguy Japanese heritage customs from one off the customs events. Fit pic when it arrives in 5 weeks!