• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

DCinza13

Reaction score

DCinza13

Reaction score
The look and image it conveys.
Well it also makes them semi water proof. I work around water, and am always getting it on my pants, so waxed is nice just beads off. Keeps you from losing indigo from soaking your denim, a lot of water will soak in, but for the most part it's really effective.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking for my first pair of raw denim jeans, and I see Naked & Famous has some awesome rawdenims.

But I am not sure which size I should pick.

I am 5'7'' and weigh 120 pounds. My waist (around my bellybutton) is 28 inch, but the pants that fit me best is 30,7 inches around the waist.

I am looking for NFs skinniest pair of jeans which is Skinny Guy and which size should I pick?

And how is the Skinny Guy Natural Indigo Selvedge compared too Deep Indigo Selvedge?

Last edited:

mister56

Reaction score
I am looking for my first pair of raw denim jeans, and I see Naked & Famous has some awesome rawdenims.

But I am not sure which size I should pick.

I am 5'7'' and weigh 120 pounds. My waist (around my bellybutton) is 28 inch, but the pants that fit me best is 30,7 inches around the waist.

I am looking for NFs skinniest pair of jeans which is Skinny Guy and which size should I pick?

And how is the Skinny Guy Natural Indigo Selvedge compared too Deep Indigo Selvedge?
Go to Blue Owl they give exact measurements regardless of what the tag says. I have read that the Deep Indigos fade excellent and have the potential for more contrast. To be clear though, I have not owned either. I'm just repeating what I have read and seen from other people.

DCinza13

Reaction score
Cool, I'm interested in see how others are fading. I did 1 quick soak too. Lost about 1/2 inch in length. More than I thought would happen.
I didn't lose any length, did you soak in warm or hot water? Maybe it's because I'm shorter and I have tons of extra inseam, didn't notice shrinking.

mister56

Reaction score
Quote: I did a very warm soak for about 20 min. I wanted them to tighten back up because they stretched out a little to much. They are perfect now, and I had the extra length to compensate for the shrinking.

TooAwesome

Reaction score
how is N&Fs natural indigo compared to other companies? are they just a natural indigo colour? or are they actually hand dyed with natural indigo? i doubt its the latter because of the price point and they dont fade like other natural indigos

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

how is N&Fs natural indigo compared to other companies? are they just a natural indigo colour? or are they actually hand dyed with natural indigo? i doubt its the latter because of the price point and they dont fade like other natural indigos

It depends upon the fabric. Most of them are rope dyed and the indigo recipe will vary. Don't let the price fool you. Most N&F denims could be priced much higher like other brands and you can pay more if you like.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I retract my comment from a few pages back about the slubs rubbing off on clothes...white shirt and raw slubs do not mix even after 20 or so wears apparently. Oh well its just the part that would be tucked in anyways.

Ecco

Reaction score
I retract my comment from a few pages back about the slubs rubbing off on clothes...white shirt and raw slubs do not mix even after 20 or so wears apparently. Oh well its just the part that would be tucked in anyways.

There's just not enough friction between a shirt and the denim to get transfer, even with a tucked in shirt. I have had minimal "flakes" on a shirt I tucked in to my Slim Guys but not any real transfer. Now shoes are another story.

Also, my size 28 NFxBig Johns are gonna have to be put up for sale. Wore them out a couple of nights ago before a friend told me she could clearly see my piece when I walked. Experiment with sizing down in Weird Guy officially over, wish I hadn't hemmed them now.

alwaysraw

Reaction score

There's just not enough friction between a shirt and the denim to get transfer, even with a tucked in shirt.  I have had minimal "flakes" on a shirt I tucked in to my Slim Guys but not any real transfer.  Now shoes are another story.

Also, my size 28 NFxBig Johns are gonna have to be put up for sale.  Wore them out a couple of nights ago before a friend told me she could clearly see my piece when I walked.   Experiment with sizing down in Weird Guy officially over, wish I hadn't hemmed them now.

Maybe your friend just likes checking out your piece? It's like cleavage for men... now harness that power!

digga

Reaction score
There's just not enough friction between a shirt and the denim to get transfer, even with a tucked in shirt. I have had minimal "flakes" on a shirt I tucked in to my Slim Guys but not any real transfer. Now shoes are another story.

Also, my size 28 NFxBig Johns are gonna have to be put up for sale. Wore them out a couple of nights ago before a friend told me she could clearly see my piece when I walked. Experiment with sizing down in Weird Guy officially over, wish I hadn't hemmed them now.

my indigo/indigo slubs leave a blue ring at the bottom of a tucked in undershirt. every time. mine are practically brand new but there is plenty of friction.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Naked & Famous Fall/Winter Denims: 13oz Chinos
abcd.JPG
We are excited to have another new edition of the Naked & Famous fall/winter 2012 line up, the Weird Guy 13oz selvedge chino in khaki (right). The Naked & Famous weird guy beige chino (left) has been a very popular item over the past several seasons and it is nice to see Naked & Famous expand the color options. The new khaki selvedge chino uses the identical in fabric and details as the beige version, only difference is the the fabric being dyed a different color. This khaki is a muted olive green that is easy to coordinate and can be worn year round. These photographs represent the true colors of both chinos and were taken in natural light. Naked and Famous "Weird Guy" 13oz Selvedge Chino in Khaki * The "Weird Guy" fit is slim with medium rise and tapers to the leg opening * 5 pocket, button fly closure * Made with 13oz Japanese red line selvedge chino fabric * 100% cotton * Assembled in Canada
7922000.2b.JPG
7922000.3b.JPG

7922000.4b.JPG
7922000.5b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7922000 Naked and Famous "Weird Guy" 13oz Selvedge Chino in Beige * The "Weird Guy" fit is slim with medium rise and tapers to the leg opening * 5 pocket, button fly closure * Made with 13oz Japanese red line selvedge chino fabric * 100% cotton * Assembled in Canada
7922001.2b.JPG
7922001.5b.JPG

7922001.7b.JPG
7922001.6b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7922001 http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/06/naked-and-famous-weird-guy-13oz_15.html

pinedust

Reaction score
What kind of shrinkage (waist and inseam) can I expect on the 13oz Chinos? My true waist size is a 33, so I should probably go with a 31, correct?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads