1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Ponyboy312

Ponyboy312 Senior member

You should be okay if you are looking for a tight fit. These are sanforized so they won't shrink anymore. It will stretch enough to let you wear them, but will be uncomfortable for at least a month. It all depends on what type of fit you are looking for.

2. flatspotting

flatspotting Senior member

I would size up 1 if you are only getting 1-2 buttons done up.... they should be snug... but you shouldn't be dying in them.

3. bazh

bazh Member

yeah, I do really love the fit from my knees to feet, but the thigh is too tigh, a little stretch here would be very nice

4. Ecco

Ecco Senior member

Then you need to size up. The fit "from knees to feet" can be altered by a tailor but thigh and crotch tightness not so much.

5. bazh

bazh Member

I guess size up 1 is better right ? or 2 ?

6. Ponyboy312

Ponyboy312 Senior member

+1. I assumed the waist was the only issue based on your post-the waist can stretch up to 2". However, if you have thigh issues, you will need to size up b/c the thighs wont stretch more than .5".

1 person likes this.
  7. Ecco

Ecco Senior member

I'd say take your thigh measurement, compare to Blue Owl or Tate + Yoko measurements, then size up one or two based on said measurements. When buying jeans, the thigh measurement and rise are always the most important.

1 person likes this.
  8. bazh

bazh Member

okay, thank you guys so much :nodding:

9. jaymatic

jaymatic Member

[​IMG]

I've had these pomegranates for about a month and a half now. (Click pic for better quality)

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  10. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i like that color a lot its too bad the cuts they have the rise is too low for me.

11. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

how much have you been wearing them? i have 30some wears on my pome's but no real fading yet. my creases are a little more developed than yours i think.

12. jaymatic

jaymatic Member

About 12-15 wears. I usually wear them at least 2-3 times a week.

13. jarlean

jarlean Active Member

Hey guys, I just wanted to jump in here. This is my very first post, just starting to get more into high-quality clothing, very excited. I just recently, like Bazh, purchased a pair of N&F Weird Guy Dirty Fade's in a size 29. This is my first pair of raw denim ever. I'm a size 30/30 in Levi's 511 Slim/Straight (I think that's what they are? Bought them a year or two ago) and I just checked this morning, my true waist is apparently around 33.5". I'm experiencing the same problem that Bazh is having, where I was only able to button the bottom two buttons. The thigh/crotch was definitely a bit snug against my boys too.

I'm assuming I should go up to a 30, and that would probably fit perfectly, but I just wanted to make sure I shouldn't just stuff myself into the 29s and deal with them until they stretch out enough to button them all the way...

Like I said, very first pair, pretty inexperienced. I've been doing a bunch of research and everything is telling me to do the 30s but just need some reinforcement... :D

Also I am 5'9" 150 pounds, and my inseam is approximately 29.5". The WG I got have an inseam of 33", and I was wondering if this should be hemmed at all, or if it will shrink enough after the first wash that I should just leave it?

Thanks so much...

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  14. flamingotripod

flamingotripod Senior member

Your true waist is 33.5 but you wear size 30 levis? Something is wrong here

15. jarlean

jarlean Active Member

Yeah, that is definitely the part that is confusing me too. I'm wearing the Levi's right now, but I'm planning on measuring them when I get home. I think I got them at an outlet store, so my suspicion is that they were incorrectly tagged in some way.

My true waist is definitely 33.5", measured it quite a few times this morning and scratched my head...

16. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

Go to Blue Owl website use their measurements .Levis are all over the freaking place

17. jackmccabe

jackmccabe Active Member

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the power stretch denim (indigo and black) as I am wondering just how stretchy they are (i.e. compared to other stretch denim).

18. f***city

f***city Senior member

theyre pretty stretchy actually. they use 5% elastane. so it really depends on the denim you are comparing them too. Jeans that I had in that past that had a stretch were typically 3%.

19. jarlean

jarlean Active Member

I went back and tried putting them on again tonight...with a bit more muscle (and laying down for the last button) I was able to get them buttoned fully. They fit pretty nicely, but they are slightly snug in the crotch, and the waist is tight as well. I've seen people say that WG's stretch anywhere from 1-2" at the waist, though, and some in other parts as well. I'm thinking I should just keep them. I measured them against the Levi's that I've been wearing and the rise is the same (10"), the thighs are basically the same (11.75" on levi's, 11.50" on WGs).

[​IMG]

20. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

the top block is clearly snug but they don't look bad. the waist will definitely stretch out. the pair i'm selling (see sig) stretched almost 3 inches in the waist. thighs will only stretch another half inch or so.

if you are comfortable with the sounds of that, keep them. wear them around the house for a few days. do some squats (so long as the button isn't going to pop off) and they will begin to loosen up. give it a month or so for them to really settle in.