• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

digga

Reaction score
I guess the price has changed. I checked the website and elephant 2 is priced $132 there.
damn, I just realized the rise on SG 30 Elephant 2 is 9.25". that's pretty low isn't it?? I wore 28 petit standard once (9.5" rise) and felt that's the lowest I could go. you know, I'm a low hanger
shog[1].gif
shog[1].gif
shog[1].gif

just found a seller that sells momotaro cheaply. only 2 models though, 0700SP n 0100SP. do you think they're better than N&F?

there are 20% off codes for karm@loop all over. I once figured out a way to get 20% off and free shipping, but I can't figure it out anymore. Anyway, once the indigo/indigo price dropped I ended up with a pair for about $125 using the codes.

If you're worried about the rise I would probably size down a bunch in the NS or try something else. I haven't ever had skinny guys though, just weird guy.

Last edited:

ZacEnoh

Reaction score
I gotta say, running a belt under/thru the label on these things is a bad look IMO.

Last edited:

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I gotta say, running a belt under/thru the label on these things is a bad look IMO.

not a fan of the naked lady huh lol

I am starting to wear my belt over it because its fading everywhere except that part and that looks weird lol

thoughts on the NF natural 15 oz belt?

Ecco

Reaction score
thoughts on the NF natural 15 oz belt?

It looks like a more expensive version of a Narragansett Leathers belt. I love NF but not their belts, there's definitely better options out there.

digga

Reaction score
It looks like a more expensive version of a Narragansett Leathers belt. I love NF but not their belts, there's definitely better options out there.
please elaborate on the better options, I was considering purchasing a Corter Leather belt in natural, but am very much open to other suggestions. My best casual belt is currently a black full grain leather Levi's belt, but I need something in some variation of brown or a natural color.

Last edited:

SteezNuts

Reaction score

please elaborate on the better options, I was considering purchasing a Corter Leather belt in natural, but am very much open to other suggestions.  My best casual belt is currently a black full grain leather Levi's belt, but I need something in some variation of brown or a natural color.

http://www.dontmournorganize.com/store

I went with the 9 oz one and it's my favourite belt I've gotten so far. I found the N&F belts too bulky for my taste.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the thickness of the belt and the buckle, I do not care for the brand to be honest. I regret believing that having a belt that would naturally fade with time would be a good idea, horrible decision. I am looking for a belt with a similar buckle, no branding, similar thickness, does not fade, and natural (has not been dyed). Suggestions. I only wear this belt with jeans, I could not see myself using it for anything else, especially since the indigo rubes off onto the belt in some places.

Other question, why do people wax their jeans?

Sean Lew

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
So I'm looking to possibly buy a pair of naked and famous. I like my levis 511 (i wear a size 31x30). What fit would be most like that? Going for a 31 skinny guy or 29 or 30 weird guy? Thanks for your guys help! and sorry if this has been answered before.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello everyone,

So I'm looking to possibly buy a pair of naked and famous. I like my levis 511 (i wear a size 31x30). What fit would be most like that? Going for a 31 skinny guy or  29 or 30 weird guy? Thanks for your guys help! and sorry if this has been answered before.

my friend, we need body measurements. Thigh, calf, and waist size. preferably in inches.

Sean Lew

Reaction score
Haha okay! Well I kinda meant like which cut (SG or WG) is most like levis 511 and if they differ how so? My thigh is about 21.5" around. 31" waist. 13.5" calf. Thanks for your help! :)

Stil

Reaction score
Hey so I'm 5'5' 135lbs with a 30'' waist and 20'' thighs. I think I'm going to pick up some 15 oz size 29 skinny guys. I'm pretty sure the inseam is going to be too long for me. This will be my first raw denim, so I was just wondering if I need to soak N&F or something before getting them hemmed so they don't get jacked up over time. Also, is there anything in particular I should look out for when looking for a tailor to hem them? And what do I need to have in mind when getting them hemmed?

Thanks!

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha okay! Well I kinda meant like which cut (SG or WG) is most like levis 511 and if they differ how so? My thigh is about 21.5" around. 31" waist. 13.5" calf. Thanks for your help! :)

I think you would be better off in the skinny guy. I have not worn Levis in a long time, so I can not compare. I have 25 inch thighs and 16 inch calfs (if I remember correctly) and that is why I wear the WG fit, tagged size 33. Is your waist 31 inches measured, or is that the tagged size of your current levis?

NF Skinny Guy Deep Indigo

* Size 30 (31" waist, 9.5" rise, 10.5" thigh, 7.7" knee, 37.5" inseam, 7" leg opening)

NF WG Deep Indigo

* Size 29 (31" waist, 10" rise, 11.25" thigh, 8" knee, 35.5"

ClassOverSwag

Reaction score
Hey so I'm 5'5' 135lbs with a 30'' waist and 20'' thighs. I think I'm going to pick up some 15 oz size 29 skinny guys. I'm pretty sure the inseam is going to be too long for me. This will be my first raw denim, so I was just wondering if I need to soak N&F or something before getting them hemmed so they don't get jacked up over time. Also, is there anything in particular I should look out for when looking for a tailor to hem them? And what do I need to have in mind when getting them hemmed?

Thanks!
Hey, are you near any stores that sell N&F? It is quite common that the store will hem them for you, maybe even free of charge. You are correct in assuming they will be too long, I am 5'8", around the same weight and the 34" inseam certainly was for me. Also, it is worth finding a reliable tailor for all your needs, not just your jeans. A hem job isn't too complicated so I don't see it being a problem for you. Look for reviews!

Don't soak! Buy them a size too small in the waist and don't worry about the length.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DCinza13

Reaction score
yeah, 30 SG would fit me well I guess. now I'm torn between this and APC NS.
NF and APC are worlds apart. I love APC, I have petit and new standards, both are great. APC is simple, understated. NF obviously has different fits, and a huge variety of styles to choose from. So I like NF for variety and creativity, some of it is to out there and not for me, but a lot of the styles are really creative. Price points are different too, APC raw denim starts at 175 if I remember correctly(at least it was a few years ago). You can get into a pair of NF for way less than that.

Can't go wrong with either brand though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads