Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. 5tan

5tan Senior member

I wear my grey wg's with my RW875s, look fine.

2. obeserabbit

obeserabbit Senior member

just got my n&f natural belt, really thick and stiff..it'll be interesting to see how this wears with time

3. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

is it too thick/too large for the belt loops?

4. obeserabbit

obeserabbit Senior member

it fits on my apc's, so im fine with it

5. tellure

tellure Senior member

I'm thinking about buying a pair of the Vintage Blue Selvedge, which only come in Weird Guy cut. This cut is pretty tight on me, especially around the calves where there is pretty much no room at all.

So question is.. how much would these stretch over time? I really like the color of those vintage blues, but I dunno if they'd be comfortable if they were always skin-tight around the calves.

Incidentally, I emailed N&F about whether the Vintage Blue would ever come in a Slim Guy cut, which fits me great, and they emailed me back within hours (on a sunday night no less!). Unfortunately the answer was no.

tellure

6. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

I'm thinking about buying a pair of the Vintage Blue Selvedge, which only come in Weird Guy cut. This cut is pretty tight on me, especially around the calves where there is pretty much no room at all.

So question is.. how much would these stretch over time? I really like the color of those vintage blues, but I dunno if they'd be comfortable if they were always skin-tight around the calves.

Incidentally, I emailed N&F about whether the Vintage Blue would ever come in a Slim Guy cut, which fits me great, and they emailed me back within hours (on a sunday night no less!). Unfortunately the answer was no.

tellure

the waist stretches 3 maybe 4 inches and the legs give 1 or 2 inches back

7. yfarmanara

yfarmanara Well-Known Member

I got a pair of the Vintage Blue Weird Guys and I'm not sure if I want to put in the effort to stretch them out, especially at the beginning of summer. Anyways I might sell them if somebody is really interested. They're a size 32. Let me know! Nothing's wrong with them, only worn once or twice around the house.

8. welchey3

welchey3 Active Member

how would weird guys compare to these other jeans and cuts? Im looking for something with a little more taper.
    apc new cure
    ep's by epaulet

thanks

9. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

is it too thick/too large for the belt loops?
    It fits fine in my Jean shop rockers and Acne's, it also fit fine in the N&F slim guys. Should not be a problem with most jeans.

10. Hartmann

Hartmann Senior member

how would weird guys compare to these other jeans and cuts? Im looking for something with a little more taper.
    apc new cure
    ep's by epaulet

thanks

I have WGs in Grey and APC NC, both size 28. The top block on the WGs is tighter because APC stretches so damn much. The leg opening is smaller too, about 1/3". However, the knee on the WGs is baggier.

My main gripe with the WG is that they're cut wrong in the crotch, I get horrible camel toe and crotch tightness, but if you're slim through the ass/thighs then it probably wouldnt be as bad.

11. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

I have WGs in Grey and APC NC, both size 28. The top block on the WGs is tighter because APC stretches so damn much. The leg opening is smaller too, about 1/3". However, the knee on the WGs is baggier.

My main gripe with the WG is that they're cut wrong in the crotch, I get horrible camel toe and crotch tightness, but if you're slim through the ass/thighs then it probably wouldnt be as bad.

you might be wearing them too high? or this is pre-stretch

12. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

You are surely wearing them much too high. Given the weird cut, I can see how you would accidentally do this, but WG's actually have a large thigh and huge back rise so there should be plenty of room for your giblets. Far as I can tell, they were designed to be worn sagged by guys with big thighs and asses.

13. jakt

jakt Member

I am wearing APC NS in size 29 and they fit me perfectly. The N&F WeirdGuys in size 30 stretched quite a bit in the first days of wearing and are already a too loose in the waist. So I would recommend you go with the same size as in your APC NS.

I am selling a pair of WeirdGuys in size 30 (indigo) for 105 $ (incl. shipping). Just pm me if you are interested.

14. Hartmann

Hartmann Senior member

My Weirdguys were fine before I washed them, they'd stretched out nicely and were perfect. Post-wash it feels like crotch seam shrank permanently but everything else didn't. If I sagged them any more my ass-crack would show, but sizing up would make them too big, etc etc.

So I dunno. I guess I'm just not in love with the way they're cut after all

15. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

My Weirdguys were fine before I washed them, they'd stretched out nicely and were perfect. Post-wash it feels like crotch seam shrank permanently but everything else didn't. If I sagged them any more my ass-crack would show, but sizing up would make them too big, etc etc.

So I dunno. I guess I'm just not in love with the way they're cut after all

after washing they need to be broken in again, it's almost like buying a new pair