Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

picked up red wefts and ordered a natural thick belt from Revolve, happy!

2. obeserabbit

obeserabbit Senior member

picked up red wefts and ordered a natural thick belt from Revolve, happy!

i was also thinking of getting that belt, let us know how it is when you receive it [​IMG]

3. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

I'm thinking about getting these as a warm weather jean.
    http://www.barneys.com/Slim%20Guy/50...efault,pd.html

Can anyone tell me:
    1 How is the slim guys sizing should I go TTS or size down?
    2) Are the pockets really long like nudies or are they fairly normal, I can't tell from the pics.
    3) Know any place I can get a better deal on these?

4. guyferguson

guyferguson Affiliate vendor

How do you go about getting the 15% off?

15% off was for the first 15 customers who used it, but we are working on something more permanent for SF members. Should have it worked out in the next day or two, so check our affiliate thread for details.

5. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

I'm thinking about getting these as a warm weather jean.
    http://www.barneys.com/Slim%20Guy/50...efault,pd.html

Can anyone tell me:
    1 How is the slim guys sizing should I go TTS or size down?
    2) Are the pockets really long like nudies or are they fairly normal, I can't tell from the pics.
    3) Know any place I can get a better deal on these?

I don't think the Slim Guy is particularly slim, especially from the knee down (won't be able to stack these). Ever tried either the Skinny or Weird? If so, go same size as Weird, one up from Skinny.

I'd use revolveclothing.com, I ordered a pair of Weird Guys from them this morning and right now "chictopia20" is good for 20% off, plus you can order a few sizes, try, and return for free.

6. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

I don't think the Slim Guy is particularly slim, especially from the knee down (won't be able to stack these). Ever tried either the Skinny or Weird? If so, go same size as Weird, one up from Skinny.

I'd use revolveclothing.com, I ordered a pair of Weird Guys from them this morning and right now "chictopia20" is good for 20% off, plus you can order a few sizes, try, and return for free.

Thanks, but that's as slim as I really want to go. I like a jean that covers my shoe. . Might use that 20% off to get a N&F belt though.

7. Captain Winky

Thanks, but that's as slim as I really want to go. I like a jean that covers my shoe. . Might use that 20% off to get a N&F belt though.

I'm confused, you're saying they're too slim or too big? What jeans do you currently own, maybe it will be possible to draw an appropriate comparison. Depending on size and information source, the leg opening appears to be anywhere from 16.5-18in. Won't completely cover a shoe, but it will cover much of a Converse or Vans sneaker. Definitely too wide to stack w/o looking weird, like I said.

8. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

I recently purchased Jean shop rocker and Acme mic in raw. I like the fit of both but they are too heavy for summer wear. I also really like the fact they have zipper flies I think button flies are a real pain. That is why I like that N&F jean I selected. But I will be using the 20% off to get a belt and some shoes so I really appreciate that info. The weird guys are worth considering, it appears that the cuts for the weird guys vary depending on the denim being used. How do they fit would I order TTS like my normal jeans or do I size down?

9. Captain Winky

I recently purchased Jean shop rocker and Acme mic in raw. I like the fit of both but they are too heavy for summer wear. I also really like the fact they have zipper flies I think button flies are a real pain. That is why I like that N&F jean I selected. But I will be using the 20% off to get a belt and some shoes so I really appreciate that info. The weird guys are worth considering, it appears that the cuts for the weird guys vary depending on the denim being used. How do they fit would I order TTS like my normal jeans or do I size down?

I think the Slim Guy is right in between the Mic and the Rocker in terms of leg fullness. The Weird Guy tapers significantly more. I would order the same size Weird or Slim as I do the Mic.

10. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

Thanks again the Acne Mic's ran TTS so I'll try that.

11. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Senior member

i was also thinking of getting that belt, let us know how it is when you receive it [​IMG]

Same here!

Anyone on SF have experience with NF belts?

12. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

i checked it out in person at a local store, it's thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick, like i wouldn't be surprised if someone found leftover meat or something still stuck on it

size up 2 from your actual waist, or at least 4 from your N&F denim size

13. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Senior member

i checked it out in person at a local store, it's thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick, like i wouldn't be surprised if someone found leftover meat or something still stuck on it

size up 2 from your actual waist, or at least 4 from your N&F denim size

[​IMG]

14. Captain Winky

Was it the pairs with the donut buttons that had the problems with buttons popping off? Just received a pair that I ordered and I want to make sure I'm getting the newer version, with the former problems corrected.

15. guyferguson

guyferguson Affiliate vendor

Was it the pairs with the donut buttons that had the problems with buttons popping off? Just received a pair that I ordered and I want to make sure I'm getting the newer version, with the former problems corrected.

The buttons that were popping off were the N&F branded ones. They are mostly phased out at this point i would think.