1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. willrh1

willrh1 Senior member

Awesome! I just bought some and hopefully they get here in a few days. How tall are you? Is the inseam short and does it worry you?

2. leeba

leeba Senior member

New Super Skinny Guy fit (out soon!) seems interesting for those looking for slim taper/super small leg opening for the waist size.

3. Somar

Somar Senior member

source?

4. mgc232

mgc232 Member

It fits the same as other slim shirts, but it is very light feeling. I'm always afraid that it could tear like tissue paper, but it hasn't yet. I love their selvedge shirting. I wish they would make more of them. There weren't any selvedge shirts this past season and this current season.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  5. seeldoger47

seeldoger47 Senior member

Congratulations, you will enjoy them. I am about 5'10". The inseam is shorter than I thought it would be, about 31.5". This worries me greatly and, as a result, I have not soaked them.

6. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

I'm about the same height and generally hem my jeans to 31-32 as well. I wouldn't worry too much about the shrinkage just yet, I mean for one you've only had them 2 weeks, give it 6 months or so. Secondly, when you do soak them and they shrink to a 30-31 or so, I would say you'll still be good, but likely won't be cuffing them, assuming you do now.

7. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

its been talked about a while ago. its the skinny guy fit with the weird guys taper below the knee. the skinny guy is pretty much a skinny straight anyways

8. Kazragore

Kazragore Member

Anyone have the down-low on the elephant selvedge? I saw some people saying that they had them a few pages back but not much in the realm of specifics. I'm at school in upstate New York (think near Buffalo), so I'm definitely looking for a pair of nice, thick, warm jeans for the winter. Obviously they're thick, heavy jeans, but how are they in practice? Are they wicked stiff? I feel like wearing such heavy denim may simply be less comfortable/more restricting than a lighter (~14.5oz) jean. I'm assuming there's a noticeable difference in how warm they feel, but how warm are they really? I'm assuming they also stretch less than your average weight denim (true/false?). How's the color on them? On N&F's website, they are labelled as 'dark indigo,' and that's what they look like (http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/collection/men/weirdguy/elephant-selvedge.html). However, on takeandyoko they look a lot more black (http://www.tateandyoko.com/1-jeans/60-naked-famous-weird-guy-elephant-2.html). How do they look in real life? I already have a pair of black jeans, so I'm really not looking for another. Any other info on either the original elephants or elephant 2's would be helpful!

9. Tate Yoko staff

Tate Yoko staff Well-Known Member

The elephant denim (both 1 + 2) is dark indigo, not black. They ARE "wicked stiff" as you put it, but will soften with wear and wash.

10. Ethics

Ethics Member

Hey Tate+Yoko,

Could I get some sizing advice on the Elephants? My only point of reference are N&F Indigo Selvedge WGs in size 30. When I first got them, they were incredibly tight, and I was barely able to button them up. After a couple weeks, they have loosened up considerably and fit me pretty much perfectly. I'm looking to pick up a pair of Elephant 2s, but I'm uncertain as to whether I should get them in 30 or 31. Thoughts?

11. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

wrong thread.

12. Tate Yoko staff

Tate Yoko staff Well-Known Member

Go with size 30 IMO.

13. Gluetooth

Gluetooth Well-Known Member

Get size 30. They'll be a bitch the first week or two but they stretch out.

14. seeldoger47

I don't cuff them. The inseam is just long enough right now. If the inseam shrinks at all they will be too short.
    Really? So am I. If you don't mind me asking, where are you in relation to Rochester?

15. Kazragore

Kazragore Member

I'm near Utica, so much further east but at the same latitude.

16. seeldoger47

Are you at a very small liberal arts college that begins with an H?

17. althanis

althanis Senior member

I've worn mine a couple dozen times, and my brother just got his yesterday. Brand new it's almost like cardboard trying to get into them, but they eventually do soften up quite a bit. I'm in Toronto, and I couldn't wear this in the summer at all, and I'll be wearing it in the winter, at least on weekends.

I wouldn't say it keeps me warm - so far it's only been as low as -3 or so though. But it certainly doesn't make me feel as cold as I would be had I been wearing a lighter pents.

Finally, it's definitely dark indigo, and not black, however the photos online may make it seem. It's my first pair of jeans that cost over $60, and I'm really enjoying wearing them.

Edit: Looks like I replied to the wrong person, sorry about that.

18. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

im in toronto too and noticed i can only wear them up to 25 degrees celsius but when i was in hk i wore them up to 29 and it was alright too. definitely hard to be year round jeans but it depends on where youre from.

i still get cold in the winter but notice it insulates better than lighter denim

19. Broark

Broark Senior member

Anyone got any more information on the N&F vintage terry cardigan?
    I'm picky when it comes to cardigans and these look pretty nice and simple.
    Fit pics would be awesome, or any kind of info in general really.

20. Gluetooth

Gluetooth Well-Known Member

I have bought their crewneck sweaters before if they are anything like that. They are really crappy.